Summer Vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Vacations

Where did everyone go and does anyone have suggestions for can't miss destinations or something fun they did for the first time?

I just returned from a loooooong trip to the Atlantic coast. We stopped off at the Wisconsin Dells of the south on the way. Those places are just so odd.

I found a great, simple restaurant called Humdingers in Memphis. Best fast food I've ever had....EVER. The same place at the Waterfront would make a lot of money. Near the Plaza in KC, a mint and then some.

I miss college football. I also really, really miss college football cheerleaders.

Whenever possible (and no matter how hard you try you don't do it enough) shop at a farmers market and get whatever is fresh, whether you like it or not. It is so much better than whatever you buy at the store its not funny.

Fished the Rappahannock River (or Rivah as it were) for Croakah and Spot. Simply superb fishing.

West Virginia....not impressed.

100+ and 70%+ humidity is not a good combination.

It is easy to forget our country's history living in the midwest. Everyone should go to Jamestown once......once.

Do you really have to pay $25 to park a 1/2 mile from a Cardinals game?

It's always good to be home.

Berlin, Prague. Vienna, Saltzberg, Munich, Venice. Florence, Pisa, Rome, Vatican(Saw the Pope). Prague(Praha) is fantastic(and cheap) Did all the tourist things. 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

One more thing......life is too short and fleeting.

Enjoy the ride, we might not be here tomorrow. Love your family and friends and aspire to something greater. Believe in something. Hug your kids. Call your mom.

And may God bless each and everyone one of you and your families.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        One more thing......life is too short and fleeting.

Enjoy the ride, we might not be here tomorrow. Love your family and friends and aspire to something greater. Believe in something. Hug your kids. Call your mom.

And may God bless each and everyone one of you and your families.
        Doc are you ok? 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
          Doc are you ok? 8)

You don't think I can say something nice? :)

Pragmatic and melancholy, that's all.

Comment

went to Topeka for my kids State tournament then high tailed it to Branson for a week.

Good times and relaxing. And yes the 8U tournament was good and relaxing haha

Comment

Sun Valley, Idaho.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Just got back yesterday from a week vacation in Santa Barbara, CA

Comment

Speaking of vacations and can't miss attractions...

I know its not summer related but if you have never been to Branson and Silver Dollar City during the holidays you're missing out. They have a display not far from 65 in Branson of lights that if memory serves is about 3 or so miles long. And Silver Dollar City is always done up nicely.

Comment

Got back from a two week stint in NY and along the Jersey coast last week. Didn't lose as much as I thought I would in Atlantic City. Caught a couple Yankee games, including the Yankee-Redsox game on Sunday night... did the usual NYC traps.

The best thing about the trip was the escape from the atrocious heat.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

San Antonio, watched my son in law graduate from Training Instructor School at Lackland AFB, took the grandkids to Sea World, did the Alamo, Riverwalk etc. Re united with a guy that I flew with who currently lives in Houston and flies for Continental. Helped the daughter plan and plant her flower garden. The things that grow well in Kansas don't do well in SA and the bugs red ants and fleas bite like hell. I can't believe I was in flight school in south Texas for over a year and I didn't remember the heat. I still enjoy San Antonio but I think we will visit in the Winter next time.

Comment

I tried something new to me. We rented a 80ft pontoon boat. 6 bedroom, 2 full baths, A/C, full kitchen with double refrigerators, fly deck and sundeck with hot tub, satellite TV, pretty much everything. We brought along a bass boat and a couple of wave runners.

We rented it through Sulphur Creek marina at Dale Hollow Lake KY, also in Tenn. Beautiful lake 27,000 acres in size. Pricy but split up amongst 6 people with food, fuel it was 700.00 for the week not including airfare.

So relaxing to wake up on the water every morning...

here are some pics if you want to check it out

I would do this vacation again tomorrow...nice to come back from one not feeling like you need a vacation.
                        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Working...
                        X