Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talk about a match up of epic proportions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a match up of epic proportions...

I can't believe nobody has anything to say about an all black Wichita pro baseball team playing the KKK here in town. I expected some sort of response from someone... I'm always surprised by what people find interesting on here!

Comment

Sorry...I found it interesting. However, I wish there were more details. I'd love to see KPTS do a one-hour documentary on the history of baseball in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
        I can't believe nobody has anything to say about an all black Wichita pro baseball team playing the KKK here in town. I expected some sort of response from someone... I'm always surprised by what people find interesting on here!
        Sorry, I copied and forwarded the article to several people... and received a couple of responses thanking me for sending the article. Thank you t7017 for finding it. It was very interesting and surprising.

:good: :good:

P.S. Take the time to tour the Negro Hall of Fame in Kansas City. We stopped there during the CBE tournament last fall. It was truly an uplifting experience.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Monrovians win 10-8. It would have been worse but the Monrovians had trouble hitting the KKK hooded curve ball and the KKK infield and outfielders in robes and hoods were distracting to the Monrovian hitters.
          :D
          Nice to hear both teams selected Catholics to umpire the game as they were trusted by both teams. I thought the KKK hated Catholics?
          I'm glad the Monrovians won.

Good find. I also didn't know a giant sand bar extended from the current Keeper of the Plains all the way to the Douglas bridge. I wonder how many baseballs are still buried in the Arkansas River bank mud a few blocks north of Douglas...

Comment

Working...
          X