USA vs England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs England!

From Berlin USA tied with ENGLAND 1 TO 1 , EVERYONE BUT ENGLISH FOR USA! 8) 8)
    Everyone chanting USA USA USA 8) 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I'm out in Vegas this weekend. Amazing all the people from different countries out here watching the games on TV. There are tons of Euros here. People wearing costumes, wrapping flags around themselves groups of fans singing different national anthems in the sports books. It's a carnival. We watched the USA game at Harrahs, had a few English fellas sitting behind us...they were pretty over confidant...at least until the 40 minute mark.

Comment

Here at my house I turned the game on for 20 or 30 seconds.Changed it back to baseball.

Comment

Thank goodness for England's version of Bill Buckner!!!!
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I watched some paint dry on the living room wall of my house.

It was actually more exciting.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Man those horns they blow are sooooooooo annoying. Sounds like a freakin beehive.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
              Man those horns they blow are sooooooooo annoying. Sounds like a freakin beehive.
              They usually drive me crazy for the first few minutes but I'm eventually able to tune them out. I love the World Cup, I'm just having trouble getting myself up at 8 in the morning to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce
                Here at my house I turned the game on for 20 or 30 seconds.Changed it back to baseball.
                I have all the channels locked out on my TV that carry "soccer". I'm not going to let my kids minds be ruined if they accidentally turn to as they are channel surfing.

Comment

I am never going to be interested in soccer at the club level, but I always enjoy anything that includes a National Team, and that includes soccer.

I don't know how a patriot can't enjoy it on some level, when your country is competing.

I even watched the Curtis Cup this weekend because it was the USA.

The USA won, by the way, led by the talent and results of teenage sensations Jennifer Johnson, Jessica Korda and Alexis Thompson.

Yes, Jessica is the daughter of former Czech tennis great Petr Korda. I'm sure that bit of trivia was bothering all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    I am never going to be interested in soccer at the club level, but I always enjoy anything that includes a National Team, and that includes soccer.

I don't know how a patriot can't enjoy it on some level, when your country is competing.

I even watched the Curtis Cup this weekend because it was the USA.

The USA won, by the way, led by the talent and results of teenage sensations Jennifer Johnson, Jessica Korda and Alexis Thompson.

Yes, Jessica is the daughter of former Czech tennis great Petr Korda. I'm sure that bit of trivia was bothering all of you.
                    It was eating at me all day....... :lol:
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If you didn't watch the match today, you missed a classic.

I'm certain most of you will laugh at the tie, but it was great theatre, especially in the segundo tiempo.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Comment

I'm certain most of you will laugh at the tie, but it was great theatre, especially in the segundo tiempo.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
                        Yes, and thanks to England's lackluster performance against Algeria, the US is back to controlling their own fate. A win on Wednesday will send us thru to the knockout stage and based on tiebreakers could give us the group. Come on USA!

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
                          Yes, and thanks to England's lackluster performance against Algeria, the US is back to controlling their own fate. A win on Wednesday will send us thru to the knockout stage and based on tiebreakers could give us the group. Come on USA!
                          Actually, even if England had won, we would have controlled our own destiny, but we would have needed to beat Algeria by at least two goals to guarantee that we move on. Now we can win by any margin and not worry about what anyone else does.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I just got home. Did England lose?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              I just got home. Did England lose?
                              0-0 draw

Comment

Working...
                              X