Strasburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strasburg

"Iā€™m telling you: There has never been a more advanced pitcher to come into the big leagues, not ever."

Looks like the Nats have made their $15 million back after just one start.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

It will be interesting to see the attendance in Cleveland tomorrow with Straus pitching.

Comment

its been sold out for awhile

Comment

Anyone else notice that the only hits he's giving up are long balls? I hate to not be on the bandwagon with the rest of America, but this guy better develop some other pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum
            Anyone else notice that the only hits he's giving up are long balls? I hate to not be on the bandwagon with the rest of America, but this guy better develop some other pitches.

Umm, have you seen the guy pitch? He has a hard fastball, a cutter, an UNBELIEVABLE (some say unhittable) curve and a change (not really a straight change).......he can sure develop another pitch but the long ball is as much a product of how hard he throws as it is a bad pitch.

He needs to stay healthy, and that's it (and that's a BIG it).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Originally posted by SPEShockAlum

Umm, have you seen the guy pitch? He has a hard fastball, a cutter, an UNBELIEVABLE (some say unhittable) curve and a change (not really a straight change).......he can sure develop another pitch but the long ball is as much a product of how hard he throws as it is a bad pitch.

He needs to stay healthy, and that's it (and that's a BIG it).
              All hard throwers have the tendency to give up the long ball because their velocity (even the velocity of their non-fastball pitches) generates so much power. However, if those pitchers don't give up free passes and don't give up many hits, those homeruns will only result in isolated scoring and not big innings.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This guy is starting to look like a phenominal pitcher. How many other pitchers can pitch a 100 mph fastball? Very few have ever been able to hit the century mark.

He's going to make a lot of money before he is done.

Comment

Working...
                X