Conference Realignment Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Realignment Chatter

One of things I heard on my cross-SEKansas drive the past couple of days was the fact that making some of these megaconferences is one thing for football and men's basketball, but could be a financial killer due to travel costs in the other sports.

Does anyone think its possible we might see schools split their conference affiliations? One for football and men's basketball (the revenue producers) and then a more regionalized conference for everything else to mitigate travel costs.

If all this shifting does come to pass, I hope we come out of it at least no worse than our current situation. I hope the lack of football doesn't put us in a bad situation if the dominoes start to fall.

Thoughts?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

My thoughts.....if they want to play with the big boys for football and basketball, then screw em if they want to split affiliations for the other sports. But then thats just me being a sunshine pumper.

Comment

Actually, in relative terms, basketball is not a revenue sport. It is football, and 100,000 seat stadiums. There will be no split conferences. Imagine the costs involved to fly TX softball out to Eugene, OR, for 100 people to watch a game.

Comment

Working...
      X