Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Credit

This is unbelievable. We take our dog with us on vacation every year (although she is small enough to travel in the cabin – we would never put her in the cargo hold); but if this happened to me, I would probably end up in the Big House for a very long time.

Entire Dog Lost, Delta Offers $200 Credit

I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation. A credit would be totally unacceptable and my dogs both cost more than that to replace. Plus, just replacing them would be far from acceptable as any pet owner knows.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well my first instinct would be Delta Delenda Est – and I would start by beating the Delta representative that lied to me and the representative who offered me a $200 credit (and didn’t offer to, you know, actually look for the dog) within an inch of their respective lives. Big talk, I know.

After that, assuming I have not been arrested, I would attempt to mount as massive a media campaign as possible with two goals: (1) Possibly finding my dog; and (2) to destroy Delta’s reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
        Well my first instinct would be Delta Delenda Est – and I would start by beating the Delta representative that lied to me and the representative who offered me a $200 credit (and didn’t offer to, you know, actually look for the dog) within an inch of their respective lives. Big talk, I know.

After that, assuming I have not been arrested, I would attempt to mount as massive a media campaign as possible with two goals: (1) Possibly finding my dog; and (2) to destroy Delta’s reputation.
        I'm with you. I can't imagine what I'd be feeling but I wouldn't keep quite for sure. I'm gonna stop thinking about it now. My dogs aren't flying anywhere anytime soon.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I love my dogs as much as anyone. Put me in the group that says "eh".

I don't think you should expect any different service for an animal that you get for a luggage.

If you want something different, travel different. Perhaps the airlines shouldn't offer it (I don't think they should btw) and since they do, maybe they have a different level of expectations......

It bugs me when I check into a hotel and see someone with a dog, or trying to convince the staff to allow their dog....as if a dog is the same as a human.

They aren't......I do feel bad for the people.....travel in the car and stop where pets are allowed.

Comment

Little Maggie is going to be very cross with you when she hears about what you wrote, Doc. :) Besides, I think there is an observable distinction between luggage and a living animal.

Speaking of treating dogs as if they are humans – where we vacation Little Maggie gets her own chair at restaurants.

Comment

Doc, you're right. A dog is not human. But it is family. It's also a living creature and just not any creature. It can be very loving, loyal, comforting, and uplifting of spirit to any in that family.

I do agree about the travel. We only take our dog by vehicle and check in advance where we stay to avoid any problems. Fortunately, our two kids live in town, both love the dog and it loves going to their places.

Maggie, I would probably act much as you would and heaven the person who would be in the crosshairs of my wife.

Comment

So thats what they mean by dogs cant fly! Ouch! Hope they locate the pooch!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Sad! I wouldn't react very well either. My fur-bag is a member of the family, not a piece of property with a dollar value.

Maybe Delta and the Columbia, MO PD can get together and hire a shared PR firm to dig themselves out of their respective holes.

Comment

Unfortunately though, pets are property in the eyes of the law.

This is a pretty sad instance. What do you think the airline should do that would make it right then?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Oh I don't know... find the dog and return it to it's owner.

Multiple layers of fail in this story, without pinning overreaction of the "property owners".

Comment

Delta should find the damn dog!!!! period ....

The dog didn't escape they simply misplaced him or sent him on the wrong flight.

Comment

Working...
                        X