No announcement yet.

KC Royals - April, May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when Roger Clemens came back to the Astros mid season a couple of years ago.

Dude was pitching out of his head and the Stros couldnt muster up a run per. Quite sad really.

Whats worse is according to the numbers the Royals have a pretty decent offensive team. (compared to years past)

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      I remember when Roger Clemens came back to the Astros mid season a couple of years ago.

Dude was pitching out of his head and the Stros couldnt muster up a run per. Quite sad really.

Whats worse is according to the numbers the Royals have a pretty decent offensive team. (compared to years past)
      Compared to years past? Is comparing this year to say, 2005 a good way of comparing things?

Comment

Originally posted by shocking
        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Compared to years past? Is comparing this year to say, 2005 a good way of comparing things?
        Other meanings aside, this Royals team may be hitting for a good average and have some pop, but at their current rate of scoring runs, you'd have to go back to 1992 to find a team scoring fewer runs in an 162 game schedule.

Comment

Saw Gordon was optioned back to Omaha and Aviles has been recalled... I hope Moose develops.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Only 10 games in for Moose, but so far so good.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Hochevar bounced back nicely last night and got the run support he's been use to this year.

Ankiel has been put on the DL and Kila Ka'aihue has been called up. He's been hitting the ball pretty well in Omaha. I hope he actually get a little PT. If it's a DH for Jose or to give Billy a game or two off at 1B. I'd like to see what he can do with an opportunity.

Gordon is going to play in LF while in Omaha. Sounds like his time at 3B may very well be at an end if he stays with KC. Callaspo is the guy for now and Moose is looking good so far in Arkansas. 1B appears to be covered by Butler and Ka'aihue is still sitting there waiting for a chance.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And I just noticed that Roman Colon is done and off to Korea to play.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm bored. We're about a month into the season and I enjoy following the minors to see what we may have to look forward to. I'm going to link to the players who are looking good or are expected to contribute down the road. Some sooner than others. I may miss a few and if you have names I'll add them. But I have fun keeping tabs on what's going on down there.

Omaha:
                  OF Alex Gordon :D
                  1B Kila Ka'aihue
                  P Blake Wood
                  P Federico Castaneda
                  P Bryan Bullington

NWA:
                  3B Mike Moustakas
                  CF Derrick Robinson
                  2B Johnny Giavotella
                  C Manuel Pina
                  P Aaron Crow
                  P Edgar Osuna
                  P Everett Teaford
                  P Blaine Hardy
                  P Rowdy Hardy
                  P Michael Montgomery

Isn't the Texas League supposed to be a hitters league?

Wilmington:
                  1B Eric Hosmer
                  P Tim Melville
                  P Chris Dwyer

Burlington:
                  C Will Myers
                  P Kelvin Herrera
                  P Bryan Paukovits

That's it for now. I just tried to quickly scan thru names and a few numbers caught my eye in the process.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Montgomery has been promoted to the Naturals. Carlos Rosa was traded to AZ.

Melville continues to get rocked.

Crow has had two good starts in a row. Nice!

Moose is pounding the ball and drawing a few walks. Hosmer is hitting for a high average with a great BB/SO ratio. He has a .509 OBP!

Overall some encouraging signs!

Comment

Missed the Monty promotion going thru that. Forgot about Rosa. I'll fix it.

And so far, Moose has been looking great. Wish they were still in Wichita
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Banny got lit up last night. But in good news, Moose homered yet again! That gives him 6 in 13 games to go along with 9 doubles.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

SUCK MY BUTT DAYTON MOORE

THE HAWAIIAN KILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Looks like I should have added Bryan Bullington to the list of Omaha pitchers...
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

:banghead:

At least Hosmer continues to produce in Wilmington.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I usually don't watch MLB games, so I didn't see the Royals games. But I heard Chris talking about it on KGSO this morning. He talked about how the Texas running went half way to second on the fly out and then went on to second without tagging up, but KC never appealed it.

Did anyone see this?

Here's a quote from NBC Sports.

Stay up-to-date with the latest sports news and scores from NBC Sports.

Kansas City's Mitch Maier had a two-run double in the second to open the scoring.

Texas answered with a four-run third against starter Luke Hochevar on Josh Hamilton's RBI ground-out, Vladimir Guerrero's sacrifice fly and Murphy's two-run double.

Hamilton went to second on Guerrero's fly ball, and after the game Hillman said Hamilton never tagged up. But none of Royals players on the field tried to appeal the play, and Hamilton remained at second.

Hamilton and Ian Kinsler later scored on Murphy's double.

Comment

Working...
                                X