Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
    Oh man how I love Vegas...best people watching on the planet!
    Good family fun too, lots of older guys with their daughters and grand daughters.

Wow, I'm glad you cleared that up because my wife and I were there in the fall I noticed the older men and younger women but I thought it was just dirty old men being dirty old men.

Comment

Make sure you and your wife get very, very good walking shoes before you go. You won't realize how much walking you can do every day you are there!

Comment

Re: Las Vegas

Originally posted by SekShocker
        My wife and I are planning on going to Vegas for our 10 year anniversary, we are going to go to the fight between Roy Jones Jr and Bernard Hopkins. My wife wants to do something else, since the fight is for me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any shows/comedians that they have seen that might be worth catching. Has anyone taken the mob tour, it sounded kind of interesting to me? Thanks in advance and I look forward to some responses/suggestions.
        I could talk about the town all day as well - I went once per year for 7 years starting in '98, back when Bellagio was a hole in the ground, culminating in three straight March Madness/St. Patty's Day/Pac-10 Spring Break weekends. Been 8 or 10 times.

Anyhoo - as far as the topic. If it's for your wife, I have personal firsthand information from multiple wives and girlfriends that O is fantastic.

Granted, they haven't seen a ton of other shows, but if it's for her and something you'd have to attend, I say O beats the heck out of almost anything else.

If you haven't been downtown, I'd agree with the previous comments - go for a couple hours, grab a steak (I got an awesome cheap ribeye across from the Nugget), ogle the Fremont Street Experience, gamble with the grizzled veterans at Fitzgerald's or the Nugget or the Four Queens (you'll get better odds and lower limits), try to guess which waitresses personally served Bugsy Siegel drinks, and just generally soak up the last remnants of how Vegas used to be.

I was going to make a joke about how I spent a month in downtown Las Vegas one afternoon, but I realized that had more to do with the previous night than it did with downtown...

Hoover Dam is way closer than you'd expect it to be as long as there's not traffic. And if you're seriously looking at a non-gambling day trip and can stomach the ride, I'd check out the Grand Canyon helicopter tours that take off from Vegas. Some of them land for lunch down by the Colorado River, in the canyon, which could be pretty spectacular in the springtime. Just google "Grand Canyon helicopter tours" and a bunch pop up.

Vegas baby... Vegas. Who's the big winner?!

Comment

The cheap steak across the streat from the Nugget would be Binion's.

Comment

Working...
          X