Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas

My wife and I are planning on going to Vegas for our 10 year anniversary, we are going to go to the fight between Roy Jones Jr and Bernard Hopkins. My wife wants to do something else, since the fight is for me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any shows/comedians that they have seen that might be worth catching. Has anyone taken the mob tour, it sounded kind of interesting to me? Thanks in advance and I look forward to some responses/suggestions.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

I thought the Beatles show was very good.

If you want to get out of Vegas, I would recommend the Hoover Dam and hiking in the mountains near Vegas.

The old downtown Vegas is worth wandering around too.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

If you want to get out of Vegas, I would recommend the Hoover Dam and hiking in the mountains near Vegas.

She's mentioned Hoover Dam, how far outside the city is it, is there some kind of tour bus that takes you out there?

Comment

Eventful is an online calendar & events discovery service, offering tour dates & tickets for concerts, festivals, movies, performing arts, sports & more.

alicia keys april 9th!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          http://eventful.com/lasvegas/events/april

alicia keys april 9th!!
          I'll be out there the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by SekShocker
            Originally posted by ABC

She's mentioned Hoover Dam, how far outside the city is it, is there some kind of tour bus that takes you out there?
            It was 30 minutes or so from Vegas. We rented a car, but I would guess there are tour buses that make the trip. If I recall, near the Hoover Dam is a quant little desert village that looked very interesting and touristy.

Comment

My wife and I saw Wayne Brady. I don't know if he's still there, but he was hillarious. Well worth seeing.

Comment

There are numerous cirque de soleil shows
                The Beatles Love...Mirage
                Zumanity The sensual Side...New York New York
                Kai...MGM Grand
                O...Bellagio
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                Jersey Boys The Palazzo/The Venetian
                Lance Burton Master Magician Monte Carlo

Comment

Re: Las Vegas

Originally posted by SekShocker
                  My wife and I are planning on going to Vegas for our 10 year anniversary, we are going to go to the fight between Roy Jones Jr and Bernard Hopkins. My wife wants to do something else, since the fight is for me. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on any shows/comedians that they have seen that might be worth catching. Has anyone taken the mob tour, it sounded kind of interesting to me? Thanks in advance and I look forward to some responses/suggestions.
                  I'd hate to count how many times I've been to Vegas...but it's not enough.

If you haven't been, I think you have to take in one Cirque du Soleil show. Beatles Love at the Mirage is fantastic, if you like the Beatles.

I'd start with Mystere' at Treasure Island.

If you are into a little bizarre and plan on heading back to the room after the show, Zumanity.

Unfortunately, the best one man show in Vegas, Danny Gans, is no more.

I like downtown as much as anybody, but imho it's just lost everything EXCEPT if you haven't seen the FSE. Problem is this time of the year the shows can be affected by weather and only about 1/2 the shows are worth watching....but those 1/2 are great. As much as they have addressed problem traffic downtown, stay on the beaten path. 1 block in either direction is sketchy at best.

Again, if you haven't been, I think a trip to the top of the observation tower at the Stratosphere is a bucket list item. Go about an hour before sunset. The view is almost as good as the Grand Canyon. Go early and then have dinner at the Top of the World....it's not Craftsteak, but the food is good, the service is fantastic and the view, dynamite (360 rotating view). Plus if you make reservations, the trip to the top is free (at least it was, ask to make sure) which is a big deal as tickets are now $16....although discounts and freebies are fairly easy to come by. Expect a healthy check at dinner (last time I went it was about $90 with no drinks)...but in my opinion, well worth it.

Speaking of which, I haven't been to the Hoover Dam in years, and I'm not even sure if you can still get the tour I had 12 years ago, but it's just ok....The drive across it is pretty cool. Still, I suggest this instead if you have a few hours to kill (It's about a 2.5 drive each way)....

My knees buckle at the thought of walking on that.

I can talk about this town all day. If you want more info, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                    There are numerous cirque de soleil shows
                    The Beatles Love...Mirage
                    Zumanity The sensual Side...New York New York
                    Kai...MGM Grand
                    O...Bellagio
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    Jersey Boys The Palazzo/The Venetian
                    Lance Burton Master Magician Monte Carlo

No doubt, to each his own. Zumanity is odd....Ka' is fire, it's ok but not great. O is over rated but most women I talk to love it.

Jersey Boys is FANTASTIC.....Lance Burton is good but WAY overpriced imho.

Comment

Agreed, take her to Mystre' and O.

Comment

Le Reve at the Wynn is a spectacular water aerobatics shows. The tickets are a little pricey and even coming from this cheap bastrd it was worth every penny. You might check on travelzoo for show ticket specials.

After you've spent your money on show tickets and/or at the tables you can find the best cheap steak dinner at Binion's Horseshoe downtown. Back nearly 20 years ago when I was stationed at Nellis AFB just outside of Vegas the dinner was $2-3 dollars. It might have doubled since then. Also downtown check out the shark tank water slide and pool at the Golden Nugget. Next time I head out there I'd seriously consider staying at the Nugget just for the shark tank water slide and poolside cabanas.

If you make it out to Hoover Dam you should look into the hard hat tour, which takes you deep down into various parts of the dam that you will not see on the regular tour. I took this tour pre-9/11 so not sure if it's still offered.

Oh man how I love Vegas...best people watching on the planet!

My juices are flowing. :drum:

Comment

Good family fun too, lots of older guys with their daughters and grand daughters.
                          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

caught downtown

if you stay on the strip and take the bus/cab dowtown, be sure to head back toward the strip before 3am.. the bus service stops and we couldn't get a cab.. walked with a buddy from freemont street to the venetian at 3am. it was a little sketchy, but more importantly, a loooonnnnng walk.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                              Le Reve at the Wynn is a spectacular water aerobatics shows. The tickets are a little pricey and even coming from this cheap bastrd it was worth every penny. You might check on travelzoo for show ticket specials.

After you've spent your money on show tickets and/or at the tables you can find the best cheap steak dinner at Binion's Horseshoe downtown. Back nearly 20 years ago when I was stationed at Nellis AFB just outside of Vegas the dinner was $2-3 dollars. It might have doubled since then. Also downtown check out the shark tank water slide and pool at the Golden Nugget. Next time I head out there I'd seriously consider staying at the Nugget just for the shark tank water slide and poolside cabanas.

If you make it out to Hoover Dam you should look into the hard hat tour, which takes you deep down into various parts of the dam that you will not see on the regular tour. I took this tour pre-9/11 so not sure if it's still offered.

My juices are flowing. :drum:
                              Regarding Hoover dam, the last time i went to Hoover dam there were no more hard hat tours. That was approx 2003. Maybe they have relaxed their security since then?
                              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X