Thai 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai 5

The wife and I tried a new restaurant this past weekend. This place has the best Thai food I've had in Wichita. A friends parents (who are Thai) recommended the place, they said it is the best Thai food they've had outside of Thailand.

If you like Thai food you should give it a try, but dont judge a book by its cover. Its not pretty on the outside. Very small restaurant that only seats 15 - 20 max.

Located on the northwest corner of Harry and Seneca in a run down strip mall sort of thing, directly across Seneca (to the west) of QuickTrip.

Thai Five
    1523 S Seneca St
    Wichita, KS 67213

I guess I should mention that I have absolutely no financial interest in this place other than I want them to stay open so I can keep eating there.
    That rug really tied the room together.

My wife just got back from Thailand a couple weeks ago. We'll have to try it out.

Comment

I've had great Thai food all over Seattle before. That's where I fell in love with it. The only Thai restaurant I've ever been to in Wichita is Thai Traditions, and it only marginally seems Thai.

I'll have to check this out sometime when I'm back in town.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Hope it makes it - that location is a sucking hole of death for restaurants. I should stop and try it out, it's on the way to the in-laws and I've tried almost everything else in Wichita.

Comment

The Thai House on West Street is very good.

# 15 Thai Hot, Hot, will peel paint.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I tried the place at your recommendation. I had the pad kee mao, spicy. First off, it wasn't very spicy. Second, the overall taste wasn't bad, but it had way too much ginger for me. IMO, the pad kee mao at Siam Cuisine (21st and Woodlawn) with thai tea and curry puffs can't be beat for the price adn overall quality! :good:
            KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
            Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

Working...
            X