X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Updates????

Can some new Shocker athletic news replace the current Snet headline:

BSB: SHOX WIN VALLEY TOURNAMENT

Despite a poor season by WSU standards, and being the 3-seed, Wichita State defeated Creighton 4-2, to win the Missouri Valley Conference tournament and advance to an NCAA regional. The regional hosts and locations will be announced Monday.

Looks like this news is about 9 months old!

I'll try and get to that as soon as I can. Honestly, I usually go straight into the forums and skip the Home page. I may just set it up to take the Eagle's Shocker news feed so I don't have to continually update by hand. Sorry, and thanks for reminding me!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have given the center column of the Home page a rehash, hope everyone likes it.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
        I have given the center column of the Home page a rehash, hope everyone likes it.
        looks good :good:
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The BlastCasta widget seems to work well, I have it grabbing the five most recent Eagle articles. I'll have to wait and see how the ESPN ticker does on a daily basis. Tonight, it won't show the NFL scores for some reason. If the change on the Home page is creating a page width that causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear for you, let me know. It looks OK in my widescreen format on my laptop and desktop, but it may not render as well on older machines.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
            The BlastCasta widget seems to work well, I have it grabbing the five most recent Eagle articles. I'll have to wait and see how the ESPN ticker does on a daily basis. Tonight, it won't show the NFL scores for some reason. If the change on the Home page is creating a page width that causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear for you, let me know. It looks OK in my widescreen format on my laptop and desktop, but it may not render as well on older machines.
            I have a widescreen monitor and it caused a scroll bar. Plus distorted the topic box on the left as well. But it is a good idea.

Comment

I was a bit afraid of that, as the ESPN ticker forces a fixed width of about 800 pixels in that column. I may tinker with other locations on the page, but if the scores thing doesn't improve (I noticed no Mens College BB scores today on it either) I'll probably dump it. But I need to let it be live a few days to see what feedback I get. Thanks.

Comment

If it doesn't interfere with efficient loading, maybe try adding it somewhere in the footer section of the page template? It then would appear on every page.

You could also try it in the header, maybe below the navigation bar?

Comment

Yeah, RS, that is probably what I will do, presuming the efficiency of score reporting improves. I'm still not convinced its picking up all it should.

Comment

I was the first "no" vote in your poll. My problem is not the content, but the horizonal scroll bar.

Comment

Just logged back in, EXCELLENT results on the page now and it looks very good.

Comment

Thanks. I just changed it to where it shows up ONLY on the Home page. My previous code had it appearing everywhere, which was overkill. It appears this will fix the horizontal scrolling issue even if someone is running at 800x600 resolution.

Comment

Made a couple more tweaks and added Sully's Shockwaves (most recent 3) to the "Welcome" column. I have a help ticket to ESPN about why their Bottomline ticker isn't showing any mens BB scores and why it didn't show any NFL yesterday ever. If they don't fix it, I may be on the hunt for a different sports scoreboard ticker, as that would be a nice little addition to the Home page.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

If ESPN can't get the issue with the scores ticker fixed, would you rather have it taken off until I can find something better (if I can) or keep it knowing right now it seems to only show NBA, Golf, and Soccer?

BTW, with the Eagle Shocker news and Shockwaves feeds on the Home page, if you click on the title, it will open a new window with the full article at the kansas.com site.

Comment

Working...
                              X