Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Tennessee

Whoa!!!

There are some really upset people on (and off--alums) that campus right now. Hamilton, AD, has some serious explaining to do.

He hired Kiffin (why?). Under his watch, there have been guns, drugs, NCAA violations, and many other transgressions, not just with the football program. He ought to lose his job over this whole deal. Tennessee had two football coaches over a span of more than 30 years, and now Kiffin leaves after 14 months. He played them into his "dream" job. It was only open because USC's AD couldn't find anyone with any real merit that wanted the job.

Apparently, Kiffin isn't very well liked. Many think he's been given his opportunities without ever really proving anything. Oakland, Tennessee, and now USC have all bought into this kid's crapline.

Here is my proposal for the University of Tennessee:

A. Fire Hamilton ASAP.
    B. Hire Phil Fulmer. Not as football coach, but in an administrative capacity to find both a new AD and football coach. He would oversee recruiting between now and national signing day, and all other offseason activities. It would reunite Phil with his alma mater, and give him the chance to calm the waters, and go out on top. He might even want the AD job himself, which I'm sure many UT supporters would think is just fine.

"Over the last 24 hours I have been contacted by friends, great fans and media members, and I feel it is important to comment, as a man who loves the University of Tennessee deeply and shares this love with millions of great Volunteer fans and friends. Recent events have been painful and an embarrassment to all of us who care about UT.

I love the University; I am loyal to my alma mater and am ready to help as the University makes one of the most important decisions in the history of our football program. However, to prevent any misunderstanding, I am not seeking to be a candidate for the head coaching position. I am looking forward to embracing the next coach and have some strong beliefs about the kind of man he should be. He must embrace Tennessee's culture and traditions, be mature and of good character, and demonstrate integrity and leadership to our young men who desperately want to be shown the way.

He must deserve, earn and keep the trust of our young men -- both present and future. Tennessee football has been successful for so many years because it has been rooted in values and traditions. We can't take those values for granted – if we do not guard them carefully, we will lose them." - Phil Fulmer
    Knox Animal

Comment

Working...
    X