BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC Shox
    Would'a, could'a, should'a. Some people just don't get it. Injuries are part of the game, as well as bad officiating, missed calls, and funny bounces of the ball. It happens. This was a portion as to why Texas lost, head scrathing play calls didn't help and the last time I checked, McCoy doesn't play defense.
    McCoy may not play defense, but since 21 of Alabama's points came off of turnovers by McCoy's freshman replacement, it is hard to argue that the Texas defense was really that porous.

Injuries are part of the game and don't change who won, but once you acknowledge that they are part of the game, you must de facto admit that winning doesn't prove which team is superior the more those factors play into a game. Everyone should want an injury free, well officiated game, not because the lack of those things invalidates the results entirely, but because only under those conditions can you get a real test of who the better team is.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Bama shut down texas tech's spread offense in the 06 cotton bowl. WON that game too... I hated to see McCoy go down because then all the "what if's" ppl come out of the woodwork. IF McCoy doesn't get hurt then bama play calls a completely diff. game and so does texas. Bama didn't choose not to have McCoy come back that was texas. Texas knew bama was gonna run it all day and we still racked up over 200 rushing yards.

Also the SEC has been running the Cotton Bowl as a whole as well as winning 3 of the last 4 national championships. If the big XII wants to man up and start playing defense i would LOVE that.

you gotta be a man to survive in the SEC, in the Big XII... well all you need is a pair of pads
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Working...
      X