Shockernet Sponsoring a Salvation Army Family for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockernet Sponsoring a Salvation Army Family for Christmas

For anyone who read my earlier thread...I'm involved in sponsoring a few families from the Salvation Army for Christmas. I figured it might be a good idea to try and have Shockernet posters chip in and sponsor a family.

I picked out a small family...We have a family of 3 and I listed the sponsor as Shockernet.net. Mom, Dad and 7 year old boy. The Salvation Army allows the parent(s) to request one family item around $50, then the kid(s) have a short list of items which shouldn't total more than $50. Then we also provide a gift card to a grocery store for the family's Christmas meal. I need to get the following items; people can chip in with money or buy the items and drop it off to me.

1. Sheets for Kings Size Bed
    2. Socks (7 year old boy)
    3. Remote Control Car
    4. Legos
    5. Grocery store gift card

In all we'll need around $150 for everything. If there's enough of a response from you guys, and can always go and get another family. I have to have all the gifts turned in no later than December 13. To make it easy, you can mail me a check, drop it off to me at work or home or send donation via Paypal. Or you can buy one of the items listed and drop it off to me…Just let me know if you’re planning on getting something. If you need to mail something to me or meet up in person, please feel from to send me a PM or email. Paypal payments or emails can be sent to -----------------.

GOAL EXCEEDED!

Thanks!

You've got paypal-thanks for organizing and doing this on behalf of Shockernet! :)

Comment

Paypal from here also and another thank you for what you are doing.

Comment

Paypal sent. Thanks for your gesture. I know it will mean something to that little boy!

Pay it forward ShockerNet!

Comment

We're at $65 so far. Thanks for all the help so far!

Comment

BUMP
            "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

I just sent some money, have a great Thanksgiving everyone.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Yes, thanks Shirley and thanks to everyone else who donated. We hit the mark, actually went over a bit, I guess this family will get a little something extra thanks to their new friends on Shockernet!

:good:

I'll update the thread in a week or so with a picture the pile of stuff we're sending to the family. Thanks again for your support.

Comment

Are you still taking donations?
                  "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Working...
                  X