LeBron to switch numbers as tribute to Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron to switch numbers as tribute to Jordan

James said, "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade, you name all the best players in the league right now and the last 10 years, there would be none of us without Michael Jordan."

Sorry, but I think LeBron gives himself and other players to little credit.

Jordan is the greatest NBA player in my book, but quite frankly the "I wanna be like Mike" did as much harm to the game as good. I think Larry Bird and Magic Johnson did more for the good of the NBA game.

James said, "I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. Nobody. If I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."

Sounds like LeBron just put himself next in line behind Michael.

I'm in the vast minority by the poll, but something like this should be reserved for people like Jackie Robinson

Or maybe there would be none of those guys without #6, Bill Russell. Shoulda thought a little more about which number he was gonna switch too.

Comment

If the league retires 23, what about 32, 6, 11, etc etc? you don't know where you should draw the line when it comes to retiring numbers.

Comment

Who made LaBron commissioner?

Win something, keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Who made LaBron commissioner?

Win something, keep your mouth shut.
          Thats why I think Kobe is better then LeBron.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

never understood the disliking of Lebron.

Yeah the whole Global icon thing was /facepalmish and then this gesture while cool in principle is odd in timing. The whole I dont want the tape of me getting dunked on viewable was pretty gaybut....

Seriously the kid came into the NBA and made the league his ***** at the age of 18. 18!!!

Now granted there was others that didnt have the chance. Could someone like like Bill, Wilt or Kareem do it? Yeah probably so, but they didnt so we cant really speculate on that.

He plays for a shitty franchise that gives him NO help.And when its all said done he's going to own practically any and all NBA records.

But I digress

Comment

Actually, I like LeBron. That's why this took me a little by surprise. I thought he just made some REAL stupid comments.

Comment

Yea i agree, Lebron is alot better example of a role model than that rapist Kobe.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Hey LeBron...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                  X