X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jordan's son keeps his Nikes; UCF loses $3mil

Interesting....

Life goes on...with or without Nike
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Seems to me if Daddy was a stand up guy, he would have told his kid to shut his mouth, play basketball, and wear whatever shoes they tell him to wear.

Comment

Good point!!

The "I wanna be like Mike" has taken a lot of hits over the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
          Seems to me if Daddy was a stand up guy, he would have told his kid to shut his mouth, play basketball, and wear whatever shoes they tell him to wear.

uhh pause?

Comment

Just because he's MJ's son and has worn Nike's doesn't mean he is entitled to wear them. He doesn't have a contract with Nike, his daddy does. Daddy should understand that his son isn't bigger than the team. Quite frankly, MJ has shown himself to be a vendictive, self-absorbed, horses a** lately.

Comment

Just because he's MJ's son and has worn Nike's doesn't mean he is entitled to wear them. He doesn't have a contract with Nike, his daddy does. Daddy should understand that his son isn't bigger than the team. Quite frankly, MJ has shown himself to be a vendictive, self-absorbed, horses a** lately.
              Correction

Marcus Jordan should understand that he isn't bigger than the team.
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Nike has an opportunity to get some good press here.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                  Correction

You're right! But, when an 18 year old kid obviously can't mentally comprehend that, it's a reflection on the parents. At that point, his father should have stepped in and said, "look jr., this is going to cost the school $3 Million. For the good of the team and the school, wear the shoes."

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
                    Correction

You're right! But, when an 18 year old kid obviously can't mentally comprehend that, it's a reflection on the parents. At that point, his father should have stepped in and said, "look jr., this is going to cost the school $3 Million. For the good of the team and the school, wear the shoes."
                    I agree, it gives an indication to his current state of maturity, which does indeed reflect upon his parents.

That being said...I'm glad my father knows very little about my true state of maturity at 18 years old, and the activities it led me to. But then again, I didn't cost anyone $3 million.
                    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Whatever let the kid wear what he wants to wear

**** if this wasnt MJ's kid no one would give two shits anyways

Comment

Not so Awesome. Adidas might let "just any one kid" slide on a team, but not Marcus. To high a profile, particularly with MJ's Nike connection. This goes against everything Adidas is trying to do by having a contract with UCF and paying them the BIG bucks. I'd probably pull the support back, too.

Of course, such an action would leave the door wide open for Nike to step in and be the heroes. In any event, Marcus is acting as if his bigger than the team.

Comment

Daddy Mike could make up 3 mil easily. Thats chump change to him. But I would be really po'ed if I was an athletic/school administrator at ucf.

Comment

I wouldn't want to wear Adidas either.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not sure about any of you; however I would wear an old pair of PF Flyers if that's what my coach told me to wear.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X