• Show
Clear All

• Bon Jovi - IBA

March 11, 2010

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

Tour announced today (10/22/09).

BTW, streaming video at 11AM Thursday at http://www.bonjovi.com/

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

wont be going. but this is a good get

Comment

Good Tour
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Oh no. My wife must not hear about this!

Comment

I'm tempted
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would like to go but probably wont since I'm currently wanted....dead or alive.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              wont be going. but this is a good get
              A plus is that the IBA stop is before Tulsa and Kansas City which helps draw longer distance die-hards.

Bon Jovi has become pretty mainstream and has some appeal to baby boomers - especially the ladies; and to the Rock Band groupies. Should be an interesting indicator as to how well the non-Country IBA concerts will do.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Funny that on Bon Jovi's website it lists Intrust Bank Arena as the venue name but has the Kansas Coliseum's address & lists it under Valley Center, KS. Link

Seriously though, we're making progress. Country isn't really my style of music.

Comment

This is the type of show that would NEVER have come here to the Coliseum. A first leg stop on a major U.S. tour by a major act like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                    This is the type of show that would NEVER have come here to the Coliseum. A first leg stop on a major U.S. tour by a major act like this.
                    Agreed. It should sell out. They have good appeal, btw the address thing has been changed. It says it is now at 500 E Waterman.

Comment

Originally posted by twister17e
                      Funny that on Bon Jovi's website it lists Intrust Bank Arena as the venue name but has the Kansas Coliseum's address & lists it under Valley Center, KS. Link
                      It looks like they have it fixed now.

Comment

Wow, what a get. Wichita is listed along with other major cities on that list. Can't wait to see what the CAVE crew has to say about this one. lol!

If this doesn't sell out, then there is no hope for our arena/city/society.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I had been wondering why we hadn't seen any updates on the interior of the arena since July and I think I have figured out why. The arena is probably going to be completed in Early November, last I heard (except for some minor finishing touches). They are probably going to wait until then and do some grand tour and show off the LED boards and the Suites and stuff at that time. Just my guess. Look for it in the coming 3-4 weeks.

Comment

I hope the scoreboard is of superior quality.. not just some regular, run-of-the-mill board like at Koch that's considerably cheaper.

Crossing my fingers on that one... (since we can never get any updates on the project)
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Don't forget SF that the Koch board is now starting its 7th season, so it wasn't run of the mill when it debuted. I certainly hope that the next Koch board will be an all HD video board on both the mains and supplemental boards as well. I've even envisioned a ribbon board all the way around just above the banners. Or maybe where the banners currently are and redo those somehow.

Yes, I too hope IBA has a killer scoreboard.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X