Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis seeking to join BCS conference

University of Memphis steps up BCS conference quest

I'll say it again -- Memphis will try to get into a BCS conference and if it does, there could very well be other changes among other C-USA schools.

WSU -- At least be ready and in a position to make a move if the right situations come along.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
      I'll say it again -- Memphis will try to get into a BCS conference and if it does, there could very well be other changes among other C-USA schools.

WSU -- At least be ready and in a position to make a move if the right situations come along.

I agree.

Comment

It would almost seem like Memphis missed their window. Calipari is gone and their football team is sliding from a point of barely getting bowl-eligible. Will a BCS conference be willing to take them in the next few years, especially if their basketball program regresses to a more typical C-USA level?

Comment

I honestly do not think WSU will be attractive to any other conference without football. I believe C-USA would be more likely to look at a school like Western Kentucky who has a FCS football team already and is also solid in both basketball and baseball. As much as I love President Beggs I do not think anything will happen on the football front until he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            It would almost seem like Memphis missed their window. Calipari is gone and their football team is sliding from a point of barely getting bowl-eligible. Will a BCS conference be willing to take them in the next few years, especially if their basketball program regresses to a more typical C-USA level?
            I wouldn't be so quick to count on their basketball program falling completely off the face of the earth. Josh Pastner has already received commitments from two top 10 recruits for next season. He seems to be a hell of a recruiter. It just remains to be seen if he can coach.

Comment

shocks771 - I understand your football concern. However, I'm far from convinced that in a realignment of conferences (plural) that every school would need to have football, immediately anyway. I still believe a 10-11 team conference can do quite fine if only 9 or 10 schools have football. Football aside, WSU can offer quite a nice package to any non-BSC conference.

:wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk

I agree, and as some of you know, I'm concerned about what we're doing to position ourselves WHEN the opportunity comes. As noted, in a previous post, we need a comprehensive understanding and vision on what direction we want the Shox to move.

Change is in the air...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Exactly my thoughts Royal.

If there ever was a chance for Memphis to make a move to the BCS, a couple years ago would have been the time to do it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                  X