No announcement yet.

KC Chiefs - Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as close as the score would make it seem, but I think they might be a little better than last year.

Comment

Nice effort, its nice to have guys giving it their all for a change, with our franchise QB out and our best player Brandon Flower out, we gave the raven all they ever wanted. We are not there yet, but i still think this is a 6 or 7 win team, which would be a huge improvement compared to the last 2 years.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The defense may have held the Ravens at the end of the game if they weren't so tired from being on the field much of the game. They impressed me most of the time.

The offense on the other hand was pretty bad. I hope Cassel brings a spark when he comes back.

Comment

Pete Rose the coach of the Ravens must have bet on his team. Had to beat the spread.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
            Pete Rose the coach of the Ravens must have bet on his team. Had to beat the spread.
            yup that was pretty crappy, you have a gimme FG with 30 seconds, left just take ur 3 and get it over with.

Comment

The announcers for this game were driving me nuts. Can anyone close to Rich Gannon tell him the correct pronunciation of "athletic?" This word has 3 syllables, not 4. In the second half, he also called the offensive play-calling of Haley "masterful", even though we only made one first downl the whole first half.

And, according to Ian Eagle, the "fumble" towards the end of the game by Croyle was definitely a fumble before they went to commercial, but then he started backtracking during the review. I guess when your team sucks, you get the bottom of the barrel announcing teams.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                The announcers for this game were driving me nuts. Can anyone close to Rich Gannon tell him the correct pronunciation of "athletic?" This word has 3 syllables, not 4. In the second half, he also called the offensive play-calling of Haley "masterful", even though we only made one first downl the whole first half.

And, according to Ian Eagle, the "fumble" towards the end of the game by Croyle was definitely a fumble before they went to commercial, but then he started backtracking during the review. I guess when your team sucks, you get the bottom of the barrel announcing teams.
                yea i agree, then when Sean Ryan scored that TD and fumbled, they kept going off about how the raven should challenge that, i was thinking they would if they actually recovered the ball.

Comment

I thought our team was alot more disciplined, who cant love this coach

edited to a link due to language content

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    I thought our team was alot more disciplined, who cant love this coach

edited to a link due to language content
                    That was classic! You didn't need subtitles to know what he was saying! Last year, I think Herm wouldn't have said a word and just kept smirking or smiling. I like the attitude so far.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                      yup that was pretty crappy, you have a gimme FG with 30 seconds, left just take ur 3 and get it over with.
                      I don't begrudge Baltimore doing it all with it being a 7pt game. I'm sure that Baltimore would have been happy to just run out the clock had KC not kept calling timeouts.

I think a FG is a little riskier play than just running the ball. It just takes one player beating another player on a FG attempt to turn the game around.

Comment

my god, anybody see how Denver won, my god those lucky SOBs

Comment

Same old Chiefs, different coach and different GM. They worked so hard to get back in it and tie the game, only to lay an egg and blow their chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                            Same old Chiefs, different coach and different GM. They worked so hard to get back in it and tie the game, only to lay an egg and blow their chance to win.
                            dont tell me you really expected to win, did you not see the talent difference in both teams, i thought it was outstanding coaching to be even in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                              dont tell me you really expected to win, did you not see the talent difference in both teams, i thought it was outstanding coaching to be even in the game.
                              No, I didn't expect a win. But, I also didn't expect the revamped super defense to give up 501 yards. It's a miracle they had a shot at all. I'm just saying, how many times have you seen this scenario over the last 5+ years? The Chiefs get close only to blow it. It happens all the time.

Comment

Baltimore looked unimpressive overall.

You can say you saw hope all you want in that game, but they're still horrid. I doubt Cassel will make a difference.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X