Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Journalists to be Freed

Report: N. Korea to free 2 U.S. journalists

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two jailed American journalists and ordered their release following an unannounced meeting with former President Bill Clinton, media reports said Tuesday.

Clinton met earlier Tuesday with Kim after arriving in Pyongyang on a surprise visit, holding "exhaustive" talks that covered a wide range of topics, state-run media said.

Clinton traveled to communist North Korea on a mission to try to secure the release of Americans Euna Lee, 36, and Laura Ling, 32, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture who were arrested along the Chinese-North Korean border in March and sentenced in June to 12 years of hard labor for illegal entry and engaging in "hostile acts."

Re: U.S. Journalists to be Freed

Originally posted by 1979Shocker

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two jailed American journalists and ordered their release following an unannounced meeting with former President Bill Clinton, media reports said Tuesday.

Clinton met earlier Tuesday with Kim after arriving in Pyongyang on a surprise visit, holding "exhaustive" talks that covered a wide range of topics, state-run media said.

Clinton traveled to communist North Korea on a mission to try to secure the release of Americans Euna Lee, 36, and Laura Ling, 32, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture who were arrested along the Chinese-North Korean border in March and sentenced in June to 12 years of hard labor for illegal entry and engaging in "hostile acts."
    We should not be using diplomacy under any circumstances!!! It doesn't work ever! We should just nuke them all into oblivion!!!!!!!

Comment

It should also be added that Bush was on the golf course at the time Clinton was getting these Americans freed.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        It should also be added that Bush was on the golf course at the time Clinton was getting these Americans freed.
        You're doing a heckuva job Browny!

Comment

I'm glad they're free. But there's a part of me that wants to punch them in the face, along with the three in Iran right now. Iranians and North Koreans are not coming and kidnapping people from their homes in the US. I wonder how much time and money the government has spent working for their release?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
            I'm glad they're free. But there's a part of me that wants to punch them in the face, along with the three in Iran right now. Iranians and North Koreans are not coming and kidnapping people from their homes in the US. I wonder how much time and money the government has spent working for their release?
            Glad their free but you have a point. 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity

We should not be using diplomacy under any circumstances!!! It doesn't work ever! We should just nuke them all into oblivion!!!!!!!
              And you think Slick Willy's visit is going to get them to hault their nuke program? There are many experts out there who believe this is just rewarding bad behavior and could come back to bite us.

I'm glad these two young ladies are free but if these were two nobodies then I doubt Willy makes the trip. Anyone who goes on a hike around the North Korean or Iranian border has to assume the risks. Let's see if he heads over to Iran to pick up the latest lost Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu

And you think Slick Willy's visit is going to get them to hault their nuke program? There are many experts out there who believe this is just rewarding bad behavior and could come back to bite us.

I'm glad these two young ladies are free but if these were two nobodies then I doubt Willy makes the trip. Anyone who goes on a hike around the North Korean or Iranian border has to assume the risks. Let's see if he heads over to Iran to pick up the latest lost Americans.
                Pathethic! The guy does something good and guess what, cant you just say great job Bill! 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu

That's the ticket!!!! NUKE EM!!! NUKE EM!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X