My health update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My health update

I've finally finished my recommended course of radiation and chemotherapy for the cancer I had diagnosed last March. As of today there is absolute 100% remission. There is no indication of any remaining cancer or any regrowth of the cancer they found. There is no indication of any cancer that has spread to other locations.

It's been a pretty tough 5 months of treatments. I've had the sorest throat you can imagine since March 13, the date of the first surgery. So far I've had 5 surgeries, died on one operating table, and need 3 more surgeries to pull stuff out of my body that was used for the treatments.

The tracheotomy wasn't exactly used for the treatments, but they needed that after giving me a medication to which I am fatally allergic. Just in case you were wondering, EMT guys don't worry about bruising or cracking your ribs when they're trying to start your heart back up.

I've been on a feeding tube since July and lost 10% of my body weight (I wasn't overweight) the week before I had that hooked up.

Now I'm on my way back to recovery. I doubt I'll have the strength or stamina to go to basketball games until maybe the start of Valley play. I've got to get back to work before my disability runs our and that's going to take about eveything I've got for a few months.

I'm still likely to be on this feeding tube for another 4 to 6 weeks. Another doctor says it could be 3 to 4 weeks. It's tough to gain much strength or stamina with no solid food, although I know I can puree lunch meat and get it into my stomach.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

:yahoo:

It's great to hear things have gone well considering. Keep up the good fight and take care of yourself.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: My health update

Originally posted by Aargh
      I've finally finished my recommended course of radiation and chemotherapy for the cancer I had diagnosed last March. As of today there is absolute 100% remission. There is no indication of any remaining cancer or any regrowth of the cancer they found. There is no indication of any cancer that has spread to other locations.

It's been a pretty tough 5 months of treatments. I've had the sorest throat you can imagine since March 13, the date of the first surgery. So far I've had 5 surgeries, died on one operating table, and need 3 more surgeries to pull stuff out of my body that was used for the treatments.

The tracheotomy wasn't exactly used for the treatments, but they needed that after giving me a medication to which I am fatally allergic. Just in case you were wondering, EMT guys don't worry about bruising or cracking your ribs when they're trying to start your hear back up.

I've been on a feeding tube since July and lost 10% of my body weight (I wasn't overweight) the week before I had that hooked up.

Now I'm on my way back to recovery. I doubt I'll have the strength or stamina to go to basketball games until maybe the start of Valley play. I've got to get back to work before my disability runs our and that's going to take about eveything I've got for a few months.

I'm still likely to be on this feeding tube for another 4 to 6 weeks. Another doctor says it could be 3 to 4 weeks. It's tough to gain much strength or stamina with no solid food, although I know I can puree lunch meat and get it into my stomach.
      Great news. Congrats on the progress and hang in there. We will all be praying for you.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

What a rough road you've traveled! Glad to hear it's beginning to smooth out!

:good:

Comment

Glad to hear you are doing well. And just FYI...its easier to do chest compressions once the ribs are broken (I was taught to break as many as possible with the first couple of compressions).
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Wonderful. I'm happy you will be here for a long time. :)
            In the fast lane

Comment

Excellant! :good: :good: :good: :good: 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great to hear and thanks for sharing.

Comment

"He who has hope has everything."
                  - Arabian Proverb

:good: :good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Way to fight Aargh! :good:
                    SFL is back!

Comment

Glad to hear that you are getting closer to being back to living a normal life. Way to fight!! :clap:

Comment

Working...
                      X