No announcement yet.

Royals in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greinke got 15 strikeouts last night in 8 innings -- a Royals record. And he even received decent run support from the offense -- 6 runs for the win!

Comment

Back in May I ended up betting my buddy $50 Greinke wins the Cy. Last night was a nice reprieve from a long stretch of zero run support and no wins. I think I'll be sweating this one out until the very end. I'm afraid lack of wins (which is total bs) might cost him.

Comment

The Royals hit 4 HR's in the game last night against Seattle and won 8-4. This was the first time they hit that many homers in a game in 27 months.

Comment

Zack just pitched a one-hit gem. He is getting back to his early-season domination. Royals won 3-0.

Comment

7 games from elimination. :D

Comment

Joe Posnanski describes this Luke Hochevar lapse from last night's game that typifies the Royals season. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from a professional baseball player. This is something even a little leaguer wouldn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                Joe Posnanski describes this Luke Hochevar lapse from last night's game that typifies the Royals season. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from a professional baseball player. This is something even a little leaguer wouldn't do.
                unless they were from omaha

Comment

Royals notes

Peña, 28, compiled a 2.33 ERA in 10 games while splitting time at Rookie Surprise, Class A Burlington and Omaha. He struck out 18 and walked six while allowing 12 hits in 19 1/3 innings.
                  Tony Pena did much better as a pitcher the remaining part of the season than he did offensively as a shortstop. The Royals may have something here--who knows?

Comment

why is he already in omaha. Thats an effing disgrace

Comment

5 in a row?!!! I just don't get it.

Comment

its the typical royals, they do this every September.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                          its the typical royals, they do this every September.
                          We better leave this in the August thread so we don't jinx them.

Comment

If you need quick access to an ironicly-placed rimshot sound to mock your friends, or a genuinely-placed rimshot to put your great joke over the top, you've come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                            X