Simon Malls Strikes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    So, ShockCity, if I'm reading you right, you don't think that a land owner giving use of his land and being told by local government he can't because his neighbor doesn't like it isn't a big deal? Private property is a fundamental, constitutional issue. When a property owner isn't allowed to use his property for legal purposes, that's a huge issue.

Or are the trees blocking your view again?
    Obviously the property wasn't that "private" or the guy wouldn't be allowing Simon to call the shots. What it comes down to is quit your whining. Do you really think people are going to take you serious when all you do is whine about how unfair things are? Instead of crying about things that aren't relevant, focus on getting your message out there. It comes off as very petty and childish.

I'm seeing the issue very clear. It's not my fault you all can't grasp the concept.

Comment

If someone being told by a government authority (Simon complained to city government using a false premise and that went against a contractual agreement of shared use.) that they can't use their property for a legal activity isn't a major issue in your mind, then we clearly have a different idea about what's important. I'm grasping the concept quite well, thank you.

So, to summarize . . .

ShockCity is OK with property owners being told they can't use their property for Constitutionally protected activities. It's not relevant.

ShockCity is OK with government ignoring language in a private contract for no other reason than one of the parties didn't like what that contract would allow. It's not relevant.

Both are fundamental issues in regard to personal liberties. And you say it's not just irrelevant, it's "petty and childish".

Comment

If someone being told by a government authority (Simon complained to city government using a false premise and that went against a contractual agreement of shared use.) that they can't use their property for a legal activity isn't a major issue in your mind, then we clearly have a different idea about what's important. I'm grasping the concept quite well, thank you.

So, to summarize . . .

ShockCity is OK with property owners being told they can't use their property for Constitutionally protected activities. It's not relevant.

ShockCity is OK with government ignoring language in a private contract for no other reason than one of the parties didn't like what that contract would allow. It's not relevant.

Both are fundamental issues in regard to personal liberties. And you say it's not just irrelevant, it's "petty and childish".
        Call in the ACLU if it's that important...oh wait...

Comment

Why should he report on it if it isn't of concern to him? You are missing the point entirely. And since you think like a liberal, you probably won't understand.

The point Sub is making (or at least, the point I'm seeing) is that a corporation is showing a trend of discrimination against those with an ideology that contradicts their own (which is clear based on campaign contributions). That information may sway those of us who, while recognizing Simon's right to do what they want, prefer our consumer spending go somewhere else.

Whether or not it makes an impact on Simon's bottom line isn't necessarily the point. The point is principle. Some of us no longer think collectively and realize that abandoning principle for pragmatism hasn't been a good thing. Hopefully, more people will begin to realize that and corporations that choose to throw their hat in the political ring will reap the consequences, good or bad.
          What? you see a trend? You assume an ideology from a decision made from a distance? Perhaps they just dont want politics associated with their business. Campaign money? A lot of assumptions here. Thinking collectively. All political ideologies are grouped based, just because there are less of yours in your group than mine, doesnt mean you have abandoned group thought. To believe that you hold a higher standard of principles over others that dont hold your ideas is silly.

8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
            To believe that you hold a higher standard of principles over others that dont hold your ideas is silly.8)
            There's alot of this that goes on in this region of the country. The holier than thou, let me shove my beliefs down your throat crowd.

Comment

Mr Simon passed away.

Comment

This is what we really need simon mall to address.

Serious people its a pandemic that is spreading the nation and must be stopped!!

http://www.facebook.com/maclethal Scribble Jam champ Mac Lethal made his return to the battle circuit after 6 years to battle heavy beard Dirtbag Dan at Griz...

Comment

Working...
                X