Vink to be reinstated.....good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vink to be reinstated.....good.

I know, many of you think I'm crazy, but this guy has gone through enough. First, I'm a huge dog lover and have one of my own, but he has paid for his crime in many ways. He has lost his wealth, his reputation, 2 years of his life behind bars, endorsements, his occupation and livelihood and most importantly respect.

There's no guarantee he will be picked up by an NFL, but he deserves a chance to earn a living as a professional - which happens to be an athlete. We would expect no less from any other convicted individual finding his/her way after being released from a correctional facility. Get a job and stay clean is all that we ask.

In addition, consistency in how the NFL serves punishment is another big issue. In the late 90's, the Rams Leonard Little got drunk and killed a mother while driving. His punishment - an 8 game suspension by the NFL and 90 days jail time. His crime is far worse than what Michael Vick did yet, Mr. Little continues to play in the NFL and earn the big bucks.

See anything wrong with this? So let the guy back in.

Oops, I meant Vick - not Vink. My bad

Comment

Re: Vink to be reinstated.....good.

Originally posted by KC Shox
      I know, many of you think I'm crazy, but this guy has gone through enough. First, I'm a huge dog lover and have one of my own, but he has paid for his crime in many ways. He has lost his wealth, his reputation, 2 years of his life behind bars, endorsements, his occupation and livelihood and most importantly respect.

There's no guarantee he will be picked up by an NFL, but he deserves a chance to earn a living as a professional - which happens to be an athlete. We would expect no less from any other convicted individual finding his/her way after being released from a correctional facility. Get a job and stay clean is all that we ask.

In addition, consistency in how the NFL serves punishment is another big issue. In the late 90's, the Rams Leonard Little got drunk and killed a mother while driving. His punishment - an 8 game suspension by the NFL and 90 days jail time. His crime is far worse than what Michael Vick did yet, Mr. Little continues to play in the NFL and earn the big bucks.

See anything wrong with this? So let the guy back in.
      Overall, I agree that he has done his time and he should be let back in and given a chance. But, to say that he has lost everything is a bit of a weird argument. The key is that HE lost everything. Nothing was taken from him. He chose his path and he made the decision to run an organized dog fighting ring that didn't just kill dogs. They tortured them over their entire lives and disposed of them when they deemed them to be no good anymore. On top of that, he lied to the feds when questioned about the situation.

I think the suspension given by the NFL was a bit harsh, but at this point Vick has nothing to complain about. He needs to just take his lumps and count his blessings. I don't think you can compare the Little situation to the Vick situation. Two different commissioners with two different philosophies. Goodell has been very tough!

Comment

As further punishment, he should be required to watch Lassie, Benji, Marley and Me, Rin Tin Tin, etc...
        "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
          As further punishment, he should be required to watch Lassie, Benji, Marley and Me, Rin Tin Tin, etc...
          You forgot Air Bud, although that may be considered cruel and unusual punishment...

Comment

... and:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The commish also specifically told him that his margin for error is very small. If he walks the straight and narrow and can earn his way back on the field with someone, I'm OK with it.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

He definatly deserves back in. The guy that should sit atleast two years out is Stallworth.

Isn't it crazy that Vick killed dogs and he gets 23 months, but Stallworth killed a human being and got 30 days...

Comment

Both were stupid but one was done on purpose. Although I have zero sympathy for those who drive drunk and do feel they should be more severely punished.

As long as Vick stays away from KC I don't really care that much.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                  X