Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Card Surprise

Visa card surprise: $23,148,855,308,184,500

MANCHESTER, N.H. - A "small number" of Visa cardholders were surprised to find that recent purchases cost them a little more than expected — $23 quadrillion, plus change.

In New Hampshire, Josh Muszynski said he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and when he later checked his account online found that he had been charged the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500.

In North Texas, Jon Seale saw the same 17-figure bill on his credit card statement, presumably for a meal July 13 at a restaurant owned by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, NBC affiliate KXAS TV reported.

"For that amount of money, I could actually own Wolfgang Puck himself," Seale said.
    I think for that amount of money, he could buy Earth.

The words "trillion" and even "billion" were laughable when I was a child. Now it's just poo poo'd as the debt, easily erased by taxing the "wealthy" all in the name of "empathy".

Like it or not, the current federal government is sprinting towards quadrillion and it isn't a laughing matter.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      The words "trillion" and even "billion" were laughable when I was a child. Now it's just poo poo'd as the debt, easily erased by taxing the "wealthy" all in the name of "empathy".

Like it or not, the current federal government is sprinting towards quadrillion and it isn't a laughing matter.
      It makes me sick when I think about that.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Don't you mean current AND fromer federal government? Just trying to be "fair and balanced".

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
          Don't you mean current AND fromer federal government? Just trying to be "fair and balanced".
          Previous ones sucked as well, but the current one has blown past them all at a sick and alarming rate.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think the spending on the Iraqi war and the initial stimulus started the blowing the door open.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Originally posted by ShockCity
              Previous ones sucked as well, but the current one has blown past them all at a sick and alarming rate.
              :good: :good:

[/img]
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Bush and the Congresses he had were bad on spending.

There is absolutely no comparison, however, to what this President and Congress has already done, and is proposing to do.

None.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumping Joe Biden
                            ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

Originally posted by Thomas Jefferson
                            “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”

Comment

Lil' Jug-eared Barry gets credit for saving 1 job. I thought last week I was going to eliminate 4 jobs from my company...instead myself, my partner, and 2 managers took pay cuts and only cut 3 jobs.

How's that "hope and change" going for all you idiots that voted for this jackass and his idiot vp?

It's to bad that all the people that were affected negatively in my situation last week weren't all Obama voters! :-x

Comment

Working...
                              X