Bo Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bo Jackson

"Then the game began, Royals versus Yankees at Yankee Stadium.

(For the remainder of the story click on the link above)

Buck O'Neil on various topics including Bo.

Comment

Loved him. He was a quiet and humble person.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great story.

Comment

I can never get enough Bo stories. The man was an absolutely brilliant athlete and as the story points out did so many amazing things. And all the time he wasn't one of those guys who was full of himself. And he was one of the few that very well could have been and everyone would understand. Arguably the greatest athlete of our time. And maybe of all time. Jim Thorpe may still get the nod but it's hard to compare with such time in between.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He would be laying on his back, lift his feet up off the ground, flex and contort his abdominal muscles and spring up to a standing position. I could only imagine doing that. I tried once and had to change my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Arguably the greatest athlete of our time. And maybe of all time. Jim Thorpe may still get the nod but it's hard to compare with such time in between.
              As awesome as Bo was, and i loved him, Jim Brown was the greatest athlete of all time, in my opinion.

Comment

Bo Jackson, one of the best running backs to ever wear the Silver & Black

Some OK football moves.

Comment

Madden Schmadden...Tecmo Bowl for the NES is the best football video game ever made. I always played as the Raiders and if you couldn't pound it in the end zone with Brown you knew Bo was good to go!!!
                  That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                    He would be laying on his back, lift his feet up off the ground, flex and contort his abdominal muscles and spring up to a standing position. I could only imagine doing that. I tried once and had to change my pants.
                    you cant do a kick up?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      Originally posted by shockball
                      you cant do a kick up?
                      Wimp! :D

Comment

People still marveling about feats of Bo

I can never read too many Bo stories. Hearing how other professional athletes viewed him makes them that much better.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Everybody stands up and says, 'Al Davis, that crazy SOB.' That isn't so. This is a man who would have fought a lion with a switch to defend his players.

This is my opinion, and my opinion only, but the reason the Raiders left Los Angeles was because of the condition of our place of work. The public just got to see the outside of the stadium, which is beautiful. But after a game we had to stand in line to take a shower. There were 20 or 25 shower heads — and only four of them had a steady stream of water coming out of them.

When you have conditions like that, you've got to go to greener pastures. That's what Mr. Davis did.

Mr. Davis tells you exactly what he thinks. That's what I like about him.

From the time I left the Raiders he called my wife and I every Christmas, and he called my wife on her birthday and sent her flowers. That is the type of man Al Davis is. He will always remain one of the most distinguished men I've ever had the opportunity to shake hands with.
                          This is why I love Bo Jackson. He's loyal as hell, and a Raider for life.

Comment

Working...
                          X