• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Czar? How Many Do We Need?

Obama Set to Appoint Pay Czar

Obama fashions a government of many czars

Czar Watch: A Great Lakes czar?

I haven't done an official count yet but believe we're around 15 of the Czars and they don't answer to anyone but the President yet apparently have quite a bit of power and control. This is wrong on so many levels.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Obama's Plan to Appoint Pay Czar Draws Fire
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

A czar here, a czar there, everywhere a czar

Apparently the current count is 31.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think we need a Shockernet czar!

Comment

New car czar is a union man

After just five months on the job, President Obama's "Car Czar," Steven Rattner, is quitting. An administration official gives Politico this terse explanation: β€œHe determined that this was the right decision for him and his family at this time." His replacement, a six-figure official with the Steelworkers' Union named Ron Bloom, is already waiting in the wings. It sounds like a firing, but if the GM and Chrysler deals turn out poorly, Rattner will probably be happy he's already gone.

Bloom's relevant experience appears to be negotiating for unions with troubled companies, and so it would be useful to know his approach.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Strict population-control laws, including compulsory abortion, were advocated by: a) Nazi SS chief Heinrich Himmler, b) Marvel supervillian Dr. Doom, or c) Obama's new science czar?

Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society. ~ John Holdren

Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control. Indeed, this would pose some very difficult political, legal, and social questions, to say nothing of the technical problems. No such sterilant exists today, nor does one appear to be under development. To be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective, despite widely varying doses received by individuals, and despite varying degrees of fertility and sensitivity among individuals; it must be free of dangerous or unpleasant side effects; and it must have no effect on members of the opposite sex, children, old people, pets, or livestock. ~ John Holdren

If some individuals contribute to general social deterioration by overproducing children, and if the need is compelling, they can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility-just as they can be required to exercise responsibility in their resource-consumption patterns-providing they are not denied equal protection. ~ John Holdren
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I believe he makes Czar number 32... :roll:
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Obama's Army of Czars Raises Concerns About Executive Power
                Candidate Barack Obama criticized President Bush for trying to increase executive power. Now President Obama finds himself the target of similar criticism as his growing army of czars raises concerns and questions about his authority.

Candidate Obama's complaints were usually about Bush excluding Congress from national security and civil liberty matters. But Republicans say his czars are shutting Congress out of health care and environmental issues.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My opinion is on this is that at least here is someone overlooking these things. However, what I hate about it is that, what is the communication like between czars. My opinion is not very well.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                  X