Guys, I remember you said "go and get your piece of pap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, I remember you said "go and get your piece of pap

and I'm going to. I'm 21 now and just completed my 3rd year at WSU. I'm doing a degree in Finance and honestly, I hate it. As of now, I'm reading my book for International Finance and it is a bore beyond words. You hear all these stories like this (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124390425824574861.html) of guys who have big money and sudden lost their jobs. Now he has to go out and work as a server (which is hard in and of itself). I don't want to be that guy haggling for clients and such. Plus the people who are getting the same degree are one track minded more or less. It's like the subject is sucking the life and creativity out of their souls.

The point i'm making is I don't know what I want to do after next year. I know I don't want to do what's written on my piece of paper I get on that stage.

All my family and friends ask me "what are you doing to do after college?" I simply say "I don't know."

I hope i'll find something eventually.

I don't know either.

I got my piece of paper 6 years ago.

Comment

I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I graduated in 1999 & still floating through life with no direction.

Degree means nothing if nobody is hiring in your field. Therefore, you have to find something else in the mean time.

Comment

Dear Hotel, get your degree, then take 1 year or 2 and backpack around the world. Stay at Hostels and work at them or odd jobs that they post. Move on after you have experienced the region, learned some of the language and have saved enough to get a ticket to your next destination.

After this time period you will be more mature than most people your age,more self reliant, less afraid of taking risks ,use to exposing yourself to situations that you must think and adapt to.

You will understand different cultures, meet nice people from all over the world, worked in a variety of different fields and proved to yourself that you can adapt and survived no matter what.

When you return home your experiences will have helped you know yourself better and make you a better judge of opportunities that present themselves to you. Most importantly you will not fear taking a chance because you will be extremely self confident.

Start your life out by being adventurous! You wont regret it.

PS - Most young travelers you will meet are young women.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up...at the age of 30. I've had that diploma for 8 yrs now and have not used it once for what I got it for. But it's still valuable to me for lots of other things.

Comment

Join the military as an officer see the world. Join the Peace Corps see the world. It will give you time to reflect on what is important to you and open avenues of thought that you did not know even existed.

Comment

Working...
              X