Most American are Pro-Life instead of Pro-Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most American are Pro-Life instead of Pro-Abortion

A new Gallup Poll, conducted May 7-10, finds 51% of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42% "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.

More Americans describe themselves as “pro-life” on abortion (51%) than “pro-choice” (42%) for the first time since Gallup began asking the question in 1995. Gallup also finds a shift to the right in terms of the circumstances in which Americans think abortion should be legal.

A 20 point shift is a little questionable. I wonder whether the questions changed in the polling over the years.

This could be a response to a radically pro-abortion president as well.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I must have missed the question. I thought it was are you pro choice or pro life and not pro life and pro abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
        I must have missed the question. I thought it was are you pro choice or pro life and not pro life and pro abortion.
        :good: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Pro choice is just a phrase to make you feel better. It's the me generation way of doing things....absolve me of my shortcomings by making me feel better for me.....damned whomever gets in my way.

You either support killing babies or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Does that mean that the doctor that has to abort a baby to save the mother's live would be considered a baby killer? Or do they try to deliver the baby? And if the mother dies, oh well, at least they didn't kill the baby.

I know with today's medical advances, this is a situation that will very seldom happen anymore.

For me, I would hope they could save both. But if they gave me a choice between saving the mother or the baby, I'm not sure which I would choose. I would probably say to try to save both and whatever happen, happens.

Comment

That is a classic defense/scare tactic statement from the left.

Have you ever heard of anyone that's heard of anyone that had to kill the baby to save the mother?

Seriously.........ever????

Are there legions of dead mothers litering the hospitals with orphaned babies?

I'll be waiting.......but just so you know, that's a canned ham weakass lefty response that holds no water.

Comment

Have you ever heard of anyone that's heard of anyone that had to kill the baby to save the mother?
                I haven't heard anything in this day and age. However, in the past when there wasn't always the medical attention needed, sometimes mothers and babies died during the birthing process. Of course back then, there wasn't the abortion contraversy like there is today, so they always tried to save both.

I was only giving the scenario of what would happen if there had to be a choice, and if that choice was to save the mother by aborting the baby, would the doctor or mother or husband be considered pro-abortion because, in this one moment in time, they made the choice to abort the baby to save the mother's life?

Oh. And I don't know what the left thinks. And to be fair, I don't know what the right thinks either.

Comment

Good points by Doc.

When, if ever, has there ever been a case of a mother dying due to the pregnancy continuing?

It's such a lame cop out.

It all comes down to value. Some people honestly think a female human being has more value, or worth, than another human being. It's sad.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                    Does that mean that the doctor that has to abort a baby to save the mother's live would be considered a baby killer? Or do they try to deliver the baby? And if the mother dies, oh well, at least they didn't kill the baby.
                    This is one of the stupidest arguements out there.

Are you saying that if you shoot and kills someone who broke into your home and is about to kill your wife that you are a murderer? Or do you have to let them shoot your wife? And if she dies, oh well, at least you didn't kill them?

It's more about the person you let into your home, sometimes uninvited, you have been fixing them diner, letting them sleep in the guest room, but now you don't want them in your house, so you decide its easier to shoot and kill them rather then waiting until they leave.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee
                      Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      This is one of the stupidest arguements out there.

Are you saying that if you shoot and kills someone who broke into your home and is about to kill your wife that you are a murderer?
                      What I originally gave was just a senario for a "what if" situation. So don't take it as sometime I believe. I'm all for life.

As for someone breaking into your home, if you kill them because they're about to kill you wife, then man's law says you did it in self-defense and you don't have to pay any penalty (life sentence or death). However, in God's eyes, a life was taken (which wasn't an accidental death). And the Law requires a penalty to be paid.

So, no, in man's eyes you're not a murderer, but in God's eyes, you are.

Comment

Pro choice is just a phrase to make you feel better. It's the me generation way of doing things....absolve me of my shortcomings by making me feel better for me.....damned whomever gets in my way.

You are right. One phrase in this discussion is made to make a side feel better.

The sides should be pro-choice or anti-choice. Plain and simple.

Pro-choice legislation does absolutely nothing to force their ideals on other people; if you think abortion is wrong, you have every right to not get an abortion.

Anti-choice legislation is the opposite in that it attempts to enforce it's ideals on everyone.

If you're a smart man, WuDrWu, you should get that.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Wonderful RJL. I am glad you think that folks have a blanket right to decide when to end another human life. That is choice.

Or you could can, pro-choice infanticide or anti-choice infanticde.

Comment

im trying t5o stay away from these conversations.

Theres to many "this is the way it has to be and **** you for being different"

I believe that a person should have the choice on what to do with their body. And the law should reflect that.
                            However there needs to be some sort of regulation on the act of abortion because their are too many whores out there that think its a form of birth control.

Comment

ASM, what if the mother of your kid decided to do what she wanted with 'her body'?

Your son would not exist. How does that make you feel?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X