Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all gamers

One of your own needs help with a few questions about the PS3 60 GB console

1) Does the PS3 have the same amount of cables as the PS2?
    2) How much would you bid for it MAX on EBay?
    3) What games do you recommend for it?

P.S: It's a present for myself for the semester

I still occasionally play (once a “gamer” always a “gamer” I suppose) and I have a PS3 (I don’t recall what model but I can check for you if you like).

I assume my PS3 has more cables than my PS2 did – but I am not sure as it has been a while since I set it up (but it was easy). I would take a look at your television, surround sound system – if you have one, look up the specifics regarding the PS3 (which I am sure is easy to find) and make sure everything is copasetic. You will be fine, I'm sure.

As far as what to pay for it on EBay – I can’t help you there because I don’t remember what my PS3 cost (my wife bought it for me after the PS2 died). Less than the going rate? :noidea: My wife is the EBay expert, not me.

Regarding games – I don’t play that much anymore and I think it also depends on whether you intend to go wireless or play on-line. If you do I recommend Call of Duty 4 or 5 as the multiplayer is pretty solid. I used to play the Tiger Woods golf games as well but mine are pretty old the 07 version is the newest I have, I think.

I just realized I am probably not much help. ;-) Sorry. I tried. I'm sure there is someone who can help you.

Comment

Re: Calling all gamers

Originally posted by Hotel Paper

This link should help you with some details...

The original 60gb unit was truly reverse compatible as where the other models mearly have emulators for reverse compatibility (ps1, ps2 games). It also has a built in card reader. I'm not sure about the newer versions like the 80 gb etc.

I purchased a 60gb unit and the hard drive died about 6 months ago. I replaced it with a 200 gb hdd.

Biggest perks for the PS3 are...
      Blue Ray (makes it damn near worth the price alone)
      free online gaming (Xbox live is 15 bones a month or something)
      Reverse compatible (other systems aren't)
      Probably the best internal hardware and power of the 3 new systems
      Less problems than the other systems
      Built in card reader/s (as well as USB ports)

1) power cord and a/v cord (can be RCA, RGB, component, HDMI, etc...) So yes to this question more or less. If you choose to use a HDMI cable don't buy an expensive one! Since its digital and not analog it pushes 1s and 0s instead of a signal, thus cord lining and insulation don't matter or help performance. Your a retard is you go buy a 100 dollar monster HDMI cord instead of a cheap 10 dollar one.

2) I personally would pay a hair over the retail for an original 60 gb unit due to true reverse compatibility (the only of all the different ps3 versions and they are no longer made)

3)Lots of great games out there. Just depends on what sort of games your into. I would say you should check out gamespot.com or IGN.com and you can find reviews and videos of games to get an idea about anything your not familiar with or are not sure about.

Comment

I don't think there any more cables for PS3 than a PS2 it can hook up with most tvs that are around today without special attachments(unless you want wireless, etc).

I would recommend the Madden and the Call of Duty games.

Comment

Re: Calling all gamers

Originally posted by Hotel Paper

Looks like you're a soccer fan, so I'd definitely get the newest FIFA game. I'm not really a soccer fan but I love the FIFA series.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
          X