• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutiny

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Republicans need the political equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous. First, they must admit their problem (many are in denial). Next, they must promise never to do it again.
    While I would like to believe this is possible, I simply don't. These guys (and gals) are who they are. I'm not going to buy any "I've seen the light" reversals. If their voting record doesn't scream conservative, I'm not listening.

Then they must recognize what caused the problem ("Washingtonitis," abandoning the principles of the party and allowing people who didn't believe in the principles of the party to assume leadership positions).
    Again, sorry. Yes, they've done those things, but they've also abandoned principles for party. The primary principle is the Constitution. The secondary principle is being an agent/representative of the people. Party comes somewhere after that. Find me the text in the oath of office that says anything about party loyalty.

I do agree with the mutiny mentality, but more toward a true conservative third party. We need more partisanship and gridlock in the federal government. Maybe that would open the door for a coordinated effort by the states to reclaim 10th-amendment sovereignty and nullify unconstitutional federal programs and power.

Comment

I kind of agree with this fellow but if you are to get a message out there – you have to have individuals who can and are willing to deliver that message effectively – and it certainly helps if they actually believe in what they are asserting. A major issue I have with Republican representatives, especially, and self-proclaimed Conservatives, for the most part, who appear on television is that they, almost never, seem prepared to debate serious issues.

Put simply: If you are going to go on one of these television shows at least take the trouble to think through your own argument for crying out loud. Generally all I hear from these people are ad hominem (where they fail to address the actual arguments being made by their opponents) or non sequitur (where they come out looking like complete morons) arguments. I am often left with the impression these people have no idea what they are talking about, or even why they should be talking about it, besides the fact that they happen to be affiliated with a particular political party. It is neat to be on television after all.

Unlike Royal, I am not of the opinion (right now) that a 3rd party is the solution; however, if a 3rd party Conservative candidate were to run in my district it is likely that I would actively support that person – which would hopefully send a message to the GOP. It has worked in the past.

Comment

I've almost given up on the GOP. There are a few that I think are good Conservatives and would love to see those few step out with some others and form a Conservative 3rd Party. The odds of that happening seem to be slim to none.

But right now we have the GOP being Liberal Lite and have pretty much abandoned the principles for which the party once stood.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
        X