Miss USA controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss USA controversy

Why am I not surprised that Carrie Prejean is being villified by virtually everyone connected with the USA and California pagaents, even the contestants who appearently expect someone to lie - err, "think things through before answering" - if their true opinion doesn't fit with the company line.

And even though Prejean herself as no regrets about her answer, Werner (Miss Vermont) said the pressure of the moment probably made her speak before thinking things thru thoroughly.

"Under the stress, you can't answer at a level you normally would, it is a lot of pressure," she added. "But I thought it was a great question, its a very hot topic right now and was totally appropriate."
    Not that I ever gave beauty pageants much credibility, but now it should be obvious that the whole thing is a sham. The intolerance of liberal theology is alive and well.

I hope Fox News hires her tomorrow. :yahoo:

Comment

The simple fact that some idiot decided that a TOTAL WASTE OF SKIN like Perez Hilton commanded a spot as a judge tells you all you need to know about this sham.

Now I don't want to get off on a rant or anything but is anyone tired of mean, violent, evil people like PH proclaiming those of us on the opposite side of what ever fringe topic of the day they are choosing to back (NAMBLA) are the ones being mean, violent and evil?

This young woman gave her opinion and even apologized if she offended anyone, which I don't think she should have done, but that's how she felt so fine. The fact that anyone wants to vilify her is disgusting.

Comment

Sorry. I missed it. Was this on TV?

If so, what channel?

Comment

There was absolutely nothing wrong with how she answered. She gave an honest and clear answer that some don't agree with. It's not like she went on a hate filled tirade.

Anybody attacking her at this point shows what kind of people they are and it's extremely ugly.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X