No announcement yet.

A Revolt Steeped in.... History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure some will call me crazy, but I have been and will continue to be supportive of my President when I think he has done something right or shows good leadership.

I fully anticipate disagreeing with him a vast majoity of the time but that doesn't change my respect for the office.

That being said, I am growing weary of comments that HE is making regarding how tough the job is but more irritating are the tea bag comments he is dropping as an insult to a group of people that have real problems with Washington in general.....insulting honest hard working members of the country you are supposed to be leading is not a smart or professional act, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      Originally posted by Maggie
      A good article in the WSJ:

As an aside, the current political climate actually prompted me to take a second look at Ayn Rand, and in particular Atlas Shrugged , while I was on vacation. While I can’t say I was very receptive to Ms. Rand’s political philosophy in the past (Objectivism) – the fact is some of the collectivist scenarios in Atlas (published in the late 50s) do seem ripped from the current headlines.
      That's what I've heard and plan on getting around and reading Atlas at some point.
      Well, I have not quite finished reading the book – it is an avalanche of words.

However, I am fairly certain my opinion of Ms. Rand’s overall philosophy, despite some similarities her fictional world has to current times, has not changed much, if at all.

Oh…and Doc – for what it is worth – I don’t believe you are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        That being said, I am growing weary of comments that HE is making regarding how tough the job is but more irritating are the tea bag comments he is dropping as an insult to a group of people that have real problems with Washington in general.....insulting honest hard working members of the country you are supposed to be leading is not a smart or professional act, imho.
        Obama is an elitist and doesn't care one bit about the opinions or actions of anti-big government Americans. He no more cares about what the American people think/do/feel than the U.N. does. And we already know that they see the U.S. as little more than a piggy bank.

I would also applaud him for doing the right thing. But I'll be honest. Outside of perhaps some areas of foreign policy, I'm not expecting much, if any, applause from myself.

Comment

BTW, does Obama now hold the record for prime time speeches for an American President? In the past, I thought prime time speeches were saved for important events, such as 9/11, starting wars, State of the Union, etc. This is getting ridiculous how often he does this. As soon as I saw he was going to give a speech last night, I threw up and changed the channel.

I saw the big banner for his first 100 days. Was anything important said?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
            Was anything important said?
            No.

However, to be fair I was aggravating my wife (because I couldn’t help verbally expressing my frustration, etc. with some of the President’s answers) so I had to change the channel after the first couple of questions. She wanted to watch last weeks American Idol instead.

Comment

Founders Warn Tea Party Movement Being 'Hijacked'
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At least among those on a message board I frequent, that was the concern well before April 15.

Comment

It doesn't surprise me in the least.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

FBI Keeps Tabs on TEA Parties

No real surprise here...
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Looks like there's a July 4 Tea Party planned to take place at 830am Sedgwick County Courthouse.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Another Great Tea Party Focusing on Two Big Issues
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Behind the cancellation of the Atlanta/Gwinett Mall Tea Party
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

July 4 Tea Parties Across Kansas
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a Simon Properties protest/demonstration!

Comment

TEA Party Protest, American Style
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X