A Revolt Steeped in.... History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Revolt Steeped in.... History

I'm sure most of us are well aware of the massive Tax-Day Tea Parties. Who knows if any of this will have any real effect on our current poor situation but it's better than keeping quite and doing nothing. I believe there are six or seven different ones going on in KS. There may be more but that's what I'd last seen.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

From the article:

"This is about the people. This is about what we have to say," said Nancy Armstrong, who's organizing the tea party in Wichita, Kan. Armstrong, who attended one of the parties in northern Kansas in late February, said she's expecting at least 1,000 people at the local post office in Wichita on April 15.
    Time to put up or shut up. I see and hear lots of people complaining, but when it comes time to be a voice, will they get out, or continue to let others do their calling and then complain about the end result.

Post office on W. Harry

Comment

So the list of KS Tea Parties is much bigger than the last one I saw.

There's more info in the link about each if you're interested, but the locations so far seem to be Burlingame, Burlington, Burns, Caney, Dodge City, El Dorado, Ellis, Emporia, Fort Scott, Garden City, Goodland, Hutch, Independence, Iola, Junction City, Madison, Manhattan, Marysville, Meade, Mission, Mulvane, Ogden, Olathe, Overland Park, Parsons, Pittsburg, Pottawatomie County, Saint Paul, Salina, Spring Hill, Topeka, Wichita and Yates Center.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Any OK Shockers could check out these Tea Parties. They're in Ada, Bartlesville, Carney, Claremore, Clinton, Duncan, Edmond, Elgin, Enid, Gage, Idabel, Jenks/South Tulsa, Lawton, Macomb, Marland, McAlester, Miami, Muskogee, Norman, OKC, Owasso, Piedmont, Ponca City, Sasakwa, Stigler, Tulsa and Yukon.

Our friends in MO could check out these: Columbia, STL, KC, Joplin, Springfield, Kirksville and Rolla.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Tea Party Protesters Gird for Possible Liberal Backlash
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Does anyone else find the statements from the ACORN rep to be ironic?

This is the first we've heard of these so-called 'tea parties.' And, frankly, a bunch of small get-togethers by fringe conservative activists dedicated to simply saying 'no' is of little interest to us.
            What a liar. And just who are the "fringe activists?" Pot, is that you? You're colorblind, too.

. . . it would not surprise us to wake up tomorrow and see conservative media fingering ACORN's 500,000 member families as the principle cause of global climate change.
            I'm not sure whether to laugh or :blink: .

Comment

I'm with you RS. There has been a wide range of support for the tea parties and it isn't just about Obama and his budget. Bush was leading us in this direction and people were getting upset. Obama has put it in warp speed and pushed many over the edge.

And ACORN calling anybody "fringe" is quite funny
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Are these tea party protesters protesting taxes in general or just tax rates? If they're protesting tax rates, the only rates going up, from what I've read, are for the upper 1% when it goes back up to 39% from I think around 35%, which is what it was when Clinton was President. All the other rates haven't change for around 10-15 years.

I doubt if most of the people protesting will even fall into the upper 1% of wage earners.

Comment

I believe it is more about the runaway government spending and raping of all taxpayers, in addition to its anti-capitalist actions.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    I believe it is more about the runaway government spending and raping of all taxpayers, in addition to its anti-capitalist actions.
                    Correct

And I'll add that many are worried about the inevitable rise in taxes to pay for the runaway government spending which will lead to even more raping of taxpayers and probably lead to the end of capitalism all together...
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Pittsburg, KS - 'Tea Party' location irks veterans

“I think the choice of the local Veterans Memorial to hold what appears to be a partisan, political group is not such a good idea,” said Crawford County Democratic Chairwoman Beth Bradrick. “Those pavers were paid for by local people, and now they are being used as a pathway to a right-wing, partisan event.”
                      Isn't it interesting that the only ones calling the Tea Parties partisan events are Democrats.

What better place to protest the out-of-control and unconstitutional actions of federal government than at a place honoring those who have defended us?

This country needs to stop reacting emotionally and start thinking.

Comment

Partisan? I've read a number of Democrats and other affiliations that were attending Tea Parties.

Leave it to the left wing Dems to try and politicize the events.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Texan Governor at the tea parties says Texas can consider leaving the Union if the Washington continued abuse the people.

Comment

I wouldn't know if it's partisan or not. I'm sure all the parties are well-represented (Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, etc). It is being promoted more by conservative groups though and is being promoted extensively by Fox News.

Even the main web page, Tax Day Tea Party, is funded by conservative groups and is registered to Allen B. Fuller, a former legislative correspondent for GOP Sen. Richard Shelby. He's created other web sites for Republican elected officials. There's nothing wrong, though, with one party or the other getting being a grassroots organization.

Comment

Fox News is the only one to talk about the Tea Parties. The other networks have either ignored them or belittled them and those who participated. The media should be covering these but have decided to pretend they're not happening.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X