Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals Stunned by Death of Adenhart

Young Angels pitcher killed in hit-and-run

You really hate to hear things like this. Quite sad.

My prayers are with the Adenhart family
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Reminds of the death of St. Louis pitcher Darryl Kyle; he died of a coranary atery blockage though.

Also a Cardinal pitcher Josh Hancock died from a car accident but he could only blame himself-he was completely drunk. (Blood-alcohol level was 0.157, nearly twice Missouri's legal limit of 0.08 )

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
      Reminds of the death of St. Louis pitcher Darryl Kyle; he died of a coranary atery blockage though.

Also a Cardinal pitcher Josh Hancock died from a car accident but he could only blame himself-he was completely drunk. (Blood-alcohol level was 0.157, nearly twice Missouri's legal limit of 0.08 )
      Do we really need to call someone out like that? I would tend to bet 75% of all people have driven when they would have been over the legal limit in alcohol. and .157 doesnt mean he was completely drunk. Thats really not that high of a level to reach

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
        Originally posted by ShoxFan963

Do we really need to call someone out like that? I would tend to bet 75% of all people have driven when they would have been over the legal limit in alcohol. and .157 doesnt mean he was completely drunk. Thats really not that high of a level to reach
        and you know by experience
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I am a Cardinal fan, I would never ever call any player or coach out. I was just mentioning the two tragic deaths that have been mourned within in the last six years by our fans.

Comment

doesnt really matter... people are way to quick to judge stuff like that.. i will be the first one to get disgusted when some idiot gets behind the wheel and blacks out and kills a mother and daughter at 2 in the afternoon. thats slightly different than driving after a couple of drinks. you drink two beers in 30 minutes and drive you would be over the legal limit.

all i was saying was drinking and driving didnt need to be brought up about a players death in this situation. people take things and run with them.

im deeply saddened by the death of this young man. it is truly traggic and should be the main focus.

Comment

It is a terrible tragedy, no doubt about it.

Drinking and driving should definitely not be ignored--it caused this death (sorry, these deaths) and it also caused Josh Hancock's. Josh didn't pound 2 really quick beers and try to drive the 4 blocks home--he was well drunk, as his friends who tried to get him to take a cab from the Landing know all too well; but maybe he would have been ok if that tow truck hadn't been there. I'm not "calling him out," if that can be done to a dead man, nor am I passing judgment on his life. I just feel it's important not to overlook what an impact one little choice can make, with the hope that people learn from a tragedy how incredibly stupid it is to drink and drive. The legal limit is the law for a reason--to prevent these unfortunate occurrences.

Don't drink and drive! Ever!

Also, I still miss DK57. As a Cardinals fan, I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. The same is now true for Adenhart.

Comment

doesnt really matter... people are way to quick to judge stuff like that.. i will be the first one to get disgusted when some idiot gets behind the wheel and blacks out and kills a mother and daughter at 2 in the afternoon. thats slightly different than driving after a couple of drinks. you drink two beers in 30 minutes and drive you would be over the legal limit.

all i was saying was drinking and driving didnt need to be brought up about a players death in this situation. people take things and run with them.

im deeply saddened by the death of this young man. it is truly traggic and should be the main focus.
                What in the hell are you talking about??!! Life has consequences. This poor kid (and his friend) suffered the ultimate penalty because someone else was as stupid and thoughtless as this..... It's because of arrogance like that where people say "Oh, I can handle my liquor, I'm ok to drive.....it's the other guy, not ME" and then get in their car and kill someone.

AND it's not just homicide. Drunk drivers cause a huge amount of property damage as well to unsuspecting people.

If we, as a society, weren't so damned selfish and driven by instant gratification......if we took more time to examine our situation and make informed, thoughtful, reasonable decisions.....

Perhaps we could limit things like this and so many others.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

What in the hell are you talking about??!! Life has consequences. This poor kid (and his friend) suffered the ultimate penalty because someone else was as stupid and thoughtless as this..... It's because of arrogance like that where people say "Oh, I can handle my liquor, I'm ok to drive.....it's the other guy, not ME" and then get in their car and kill someone.

AND it's not just homicide. Drunk drivers cause a huge amount of property damage as well to unsuspecting people.

If we, as a society, weren't so damned selfish and driven by instant gratification......if we took more time to examine our situation and make informed, thoughtful, reasonable decisions.....

:good:
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Originally posted by WuDrWu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

we really need to call someone out like that? I would tend to bet 75% of all people have driven when they would have been over the legal limit in alcohol. and .157 doesnt mean he was completely drunk. Thats really not that high of a level to reach
                      I say if you are driving with level and are killed in a car wreck, IT IS GREAT NEWS!

That takes another of the stupid people off the face of the earth.

Good riddance.
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                        we really need to call someone out like that? I would tend to bet 75% of all people have driven when they would have been over the legal limit in alcohol. and .157 doesnt mean he was completely drunk. Thats really not that high of a level to reach
                        I say if you are driving with level and are killed in a car wreck, IT IS GREAT NEWS!

That takes another of the stupid people off the face of the earth.

Good riddance.
                        well i dont drive after drinking. so you will have to deal with me a little longer! I hate people being hypocrites which i gurantee we have some writing on this forum.

people are quick to say how wrong it is including law enforcment and i would say most people at some point in there life have gotten behind the wheel when they had had a few and would have been over the legal limit. thats all i am getting at. dont be so hypocritical. if you have NEVER done it then congratulations but more than likely you have or know someone that has. and i gurantee you didnt do anything about it.

Comment

Why don't we just drop it, I am sorry I ever mentioned Josh Hancock. This thread is supposed to be about Nick Adenhart and his family.

Comment

and .157 doesnt mean he was completely drunk. Thats really not that high of a level to reach
                            For a 200 lb man that is 8 beers or shots. Hardly a borderline mistake - that is criminal and should be treated as such.

Comment

3 dead, one more clinging to life.

Bottoms up.

Comment

Working...
                              X