• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler traded to Bears per ESPN

donkeys get bears 1st (2009) 1st (2010), 3rd (2009), and Kyle Orton
    Bears get Jay Cutler and broncos 2009 5th round pick

thanks goodness this saga is over
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

That is a really high price for a little above average quarterback. I guess it gives us a better chance at beating them this year. :yahoo:

Comment

I'm currently buying Cassel stock but I'd take that deal from Chicago in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I think the donkeys came out way ahead.

Comment

As a Bears fan, I feel that we gave up a lot to get this guy. But seeing as how we haven't had a decent QB in decades, sometimes drastic measures are called for.

We blow our first round pickes anyway, so it's probably best.

I am happy having Cutler as our QB, I think he'll be good.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If cutler can keep up his act and quit being a big baby, then he will be a great qb for the bears. His physical tools arent the thing that is in question

Comment

My Broncos will use Orton & Simms for now until they draft a QB.

Cutler will do fine if the Bears offense can protect him.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              If cutler can keep up his act and quit being a big baby, then he will be a great qb for the bears. His physical tools arent the thing that is in question
              I think he was mostly upset about how the execs. lying to him and changing the personel even though they said they wouldn't. I have always liked scrambling quarterbacks but I don't know if I would want him if he keeps acting like a big pretty boy because he finally go to pro bowl and got the big contract he had wanted, but I think everything has settled down now and we can just watch some football and not watch another soap opera. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                I think he was mostly upset about how the execs. lying to him and changing the personel even though they said they wouldn't.
                Wah, its a business, people talk about trading people everyday. They had Jason Campbell on today on ESPN, and they asked what he thought about all the trade talk involving the redskins in the cutler sweepstakes, and he just basically said i know its a business, I would love to stay with the redskins, but if not then im ready to go where ever they send me. That the way you gotta think in the NFL or any professional sport, because no player is bigger than the whole team or organization.

Comment

I think he was mostly upset about how the execs. lying to him and changing the personel even though they said they wouldn't.
                  Wah, its a business, people talk about trading people everyday. They had Jason Campbell on today on ESPN, and they asked what he thought about all the trade talk involving the redskins in the cutler sweepstakes, and he just basically said i know its a business, I would love to stay with the redskins, but if not then im ready to go where ever they send me. That the way you gotta think in the NFL or any professional sport, because no player is bigger than the whole team or organization.
                  I agree with that, but after they fired Shanahan he went to mgt. and said that he wanted the remaining offensive personel to stay or else he would be upset and want to be traded. He held up his end of the deal.

Comment

I agree with that, but after they fired Shanahan he went to mgt. and said that he wanted the remaining offensive personel to stay or else he would be upset and want to be traded. He held up his end of the deal.
                    He should have never expected the offensive staff to remain in tact, when their is a coaching change, you should expect that pretty much the whole staff will be changed.

Comment

He should have never expected the offensive staff to remain in tact, when their is a coaching change, you should expect that pretty much the whole staff will be changed.
                      You and I think that, but I think he thought he could have gotten his way now that he was a big-time player for their team.

Comment

ESPN rumor: Broncos trying to trade Orton and 1st round pick for Cassell.

Comment

The Bears traded not only Orton and 2 first round picks but Grossman as well.... BECAUSE ORTON AND GROSSMAN ARE THE SAME PERSON.

During Bear's games when they make QB changes they switch jerseys and paste on or take off a beard. Think about it... They are the same damn person... both sub par QB's who cant get a team with a pretty bangin defense over the hump. Also, the Bear's Super Bowl is included in the 'over the hump'... my grandpa coulda got that team to the Super Bowl and he was only Miami (OK) high school MVP
                          Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                            That would be awful! May as well keep playing Thigpen if you do that!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                              Originally posted by BenWSU
                              That would be awful! May as well keep playing Thigpen if you do that!
                              I would at least take three first rounders for that to go down. That is awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X