Is this really a smart move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really a smart move?

Expect Huge, Painful Cuts in Defense Budget. I understand we need to cut costs, but considering the current world climate and fanatical Islam and totalitarian regimes getting bolder is this really the time to be slashing the DoD budget? I can think of a lot of other areas we're currently spending ridiculous amounts of money in that shoule go before Defense but those areas seem to be getting more and more money now and in the future. :banghead:
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Great idea...excellent in fact. The great communicator part 2 will have no trouble getting everyone to come to the table, hold hands and sing folk songs.

All of our troubles should be over soon. The world is not a dangerous place, only greedy Americans make it so.

Allow me to clarify....only the 2% of greedy white Americans that have gotten wealthy, unfairly so, off the backs of poor Americans (who have never errored except to work too hard for the man) have made the world a dangerous place.

Once we reel in these greedy, dangerous bastages and get them to pony up their fair share of the tax burden (because as we know, 2% of the population paying 50% of the taxes is just stupidly low) then we can start to make things right around this green world of ours. Hopefully we can learn the lessons from North Korea, Vietnam, Chile, Mexico, South Africa, Russia and of course the motherland of all that is righteous and good, Iraq and Iran (to name just a few) so we, the evil of all evils, can once again sit at the table of world peace.

Comment

Not good for my Raytheon shares.

Comment

Well, the war on terror is over, or maybe not, but it's definitely not the war on terror anymore.

And there should be no reason for alarm with the fact that the Taliban just told our madame secretary to go pound sand. Chavez, Castro, Russia and Iran are plotting against us.

There are many things to be scared about, and at this point in time, we decide to elect a limp wristed, metro-sexual, narcisist who can't even form coherent sentences or thought without seeing it on a teleprompter.

When are we going to ship cases of Ipods to the Taliban with preloaded images of his speeches? Well, hopefully we can dodge and stall the lunatics of this world for 4 years while we get our act together and find the next Reagan.

This is the 2nd Carter administration.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
          Well, the war on terror is over, or maybe not, but it's definitely not the war on terror anymore.

And there should be no reason for alarm with the fact that the Taliban just told our madame secretary to go pound sand. Chavez, Castro, Russia and Iran are plotting against us.

There are many things to be scared about, and at this point in time, we decide to elect a limp wristed, metro-sexual, narcisist who can't even form coherent sentences or thought without seeing it on a teleprompter.

When are we going to ship cases of Ipods to the Taliban with preloaded images of his speeches? Well, hopefully we can dodge and stall the lunatics of this world for 4 years while we get our act together and find the next Reagan.

:good:
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez

:good: :good:

... only worse! :(
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Depends on where the cuts come from
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Sounds like the cuts are going to come from advanced weapons programs mostly.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This article gives just a bit more information than the original.

My question is not why, but is it enough?

And please, SubGod, show me the areas where spending is as out of control as it is on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye
                    http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1128039.html

And please, SubGod, show me the areas where spending is as out of control as it is on defense.
                    Start looking at the entitlement programs. Look at the plethora of bailout programs...

And now the Government is refusing to allow banks to repay TARP and even forcing banks to take TARP money whether they refuse it.

Now add that Government is deciding who the leadership of privately held companies will be - the U.S. Government every day is moving closer to the Chavez model in Valenzuela.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye
                      http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1128039.html

:good:
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Start looking at the entitlement programs. Look at the plethora of bailout programs...

And now the Government is refusing to allow banks to repay TARP and even forcing banks to take TARP money whether they refuse it.

Now add that Government is deciding who the leadership of privately held companies will be - the U.S. Government every day is moving closer to the Chavez model in Valenzuela.
                        :yes:
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That is what really bothers me. The government is penalizing the banks who operated and lent responsibly, taking away their competitive advantage against the ones who were highly irresponsible and should be dissolved.

Folks, these things should make you shudder.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            That is what really bothers me. The government is penalizing the banks who operated and lent responsibly, taking away their competitive advantage against the ones who were highly irresponsible and should be dissolved.

Folks, these things should make you shudder.
                            And they do
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                            X