Obama Bowling-"It's like the Special Olympics or someth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Bowling-"It's like the Special Olympics or someth

President Obama apologized to the Special Olympics Committee after comparing his bowling skills Special Olympians on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno.

If Bush had said this, there would have been demands for his impeachment.

I saw that just a bit ago. If a conservative makes a comment like that the media is all over it and demanding action. When someone like PBO says it it'll just be turned into a cute little story and that he's "really sorry" if he offended anyone which makes it all better... :roll:
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Mountains out of mole hills...

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        Mountains out of mole hills...
        The mole hills are piling up . . . and it hasn't even been two months.

Comment

As snarky as all sides have gotten, it really doesn't matter who is in office, he or she is going to get prattled on by somebody. After all, its in the media's best interest (rating$) to stir the point. Boring sells no advertising...
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I agree, but I'll give the left this one. I thought, for instance, FOX news was beating this to death this morning. Yes, MSNBC and TweedleDee and TweedleDumb (Olberman and FemiNazi Rachel Madow) would hammer, belittle, make fun of and slander Bush or any Republican for that matter until he left office + a couple of years after that but the other side should, imho, let this slip up be.

It was a poor choice of words. He meant no harm and it should not be brought up again EXCEPT that the President of the United States has NO BUSINESS going on Jay Leno...that was stupid, and he ended up saying something stupid. I hope he learns from it and stops campaigning and starts governing.

Like he has said, he won, now get on with it. Stop trying to convince people like me that you know what you are doing when I disagree.....I am not going to agree with your point....I may at some point agree with the results. Stop trying to sell me the snake oil...do what you are going to do and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I hope he learns from it and stops campaigning and starts governing.
              Cut the man some slack, it appears to me that campaigning is the only area in which he and his staff excel. Actually governing is really hard and, in fact, “overwhelming”.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                Cut the man some slack, it appears to me that campaigning is the only area in which he and his staff excel. Actually governing is really hard and, in fact, “overwhelming”.
                I'm happy as long as he doesn't lie to us to get us into another war. Two wars at a time is enough.

Comment

I'm happy as long as he doesn't lie to us to get us into another war. Two wars at a time is enough.
                  :roll:
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Even my ultra right wing relatives dont think its a big deal. Love what he said about Congress, AIG, regulations and other plans. My Sister in law who is as conservative as they come was impressed. Other than that gaffe, quite a impressive interview.

8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I don't think this should be a big issue as I agree with Doc. I do think if the roles were reversed though that there would be a lot more "outrage" over it. Most of that outrage is usually fake but it's thrown at us.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I’m glad you are happy. Happiness is very important in life. Believe it or not, I’m in a good mood today too. :D

As for the rest of your post, if you ever have something interesting, factual or substantive to say I would pay attention. Just because you reference the same baseless worn-out allegation of several years ago, doesn’t suddenly make it true. In fact, President Obama has come to that realization in several foreign policy areas.

There are plenty of things about our prior President that you can legitimately criticize but the days of blaming President Bush for all the ills of society are quickly coming to an end.
                        :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          Even my ultra right wing relatives......

8)

What went wrong with you 11? :D

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                            Even my ultra right wing relatives dont think its a big deal. Love what he said about Congress, AIG, regulations and other plans. My Sister in law who is as conservative as they come was impressed. Other than that gaffe, quite a impressive interview.

8)
                            It is true that the President can, at times, “talk” a good game but I find his actions much more important.

As for the interview, I didn’t see it – past my bedtime. I did a lot of volunteer work for the Special Olympics during my high school and college days – it was really fun. Obviously, I don’t think he was being intentionally insensitive and, as expected, he apologized for his comment. That should be the end of it. However, I do expect President Obama to be hosting some Special Olympics participants in the near future.

Comment

Special Olympics Bowler: I Can Beat Obama!
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X