Free Stimulus Cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    While those of us that saved and scrimped to buy a house in the last 20 years get nothing.
    Agreed, I own 8 houses and didn't get a single tax credit on any of them. But you could use that argument for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Originally posted by WuDrWu
      While those of us that saved and scrimped to buy a house in the last 20 years get nothing.
      The government rewards bad behavior. Government's solutions to the financial crisis will only re-enforce that.
      So getting people who currently rent to purchase a new house is rewarding bad behavior? Getting people to make there houses more energy efficiant is rewarding bad behavior? You've got me a little confused.

I think the package also increased the amount of money you can get back for going college...That also encourages bad behavior... :roll:

Comment

MINIMUM WAGE

A man owned a small farm In Oklahoma. The State Work Force
        Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent
        an agent out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them,"
        demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with
        me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week
        plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and
        does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to ... the half-wit," says the agent.

"That would be me," replied the farmer.

SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          Milton Friedman serves match point... Game, Set & Match!

Yes, I'm a greedy bastard! :good: :good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A
          Classic and a very good find.

Comment

The con men who are exploiting the stimulus plan would be exploiting people in other ways without a stimulus plan.

They use the economic hard times to offer false hope and something for nothng, no matter the circumstance.

Not defending or supporting the stimulus. Just pointing out human nature. Take away all of the bad behavior (real or imagined), the behavior will still exist, and the abuse of the government will exist, whether inflicted by the poor or the rich. Money and power will invite abuse.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
            X