Free Stimulus Cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Stimulus Cash?

It looks like the con artists are at it again, this time with the stimulus package. And a lot of people will fall for it, too.

Free money from stimulus? Are you kidding?

Con artists are creating phony web sites with names like PresidentObamaGrants.com and FederalGovernmentGrantSolutions.com. “They’re advertising them on search engines like Google and on social networking sites like Facebook. They’re also promoting them in chat rooms,” says Susan Grant, director of consumer protection at the Consumer Federation of America.

Yet another problem with entitlements. The more there is, the more people will believe some should come their way.

Is this a surprise to anyone? The government has totally created this problem, and the trial attorneys allow it to continue.

Then the taxpayer steps in and pays them both off.

I love America! Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee...............

Comment

Well put Doc.

Things MUST change....but they won't :(
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

the goverment created criminal acts?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          the goverment created criminal acts?
          Gov't created the sense of entitlement so many people have and that's why something like this will work.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

people have been robbing and stealing from others for centuries. Their reasons vary from having nothing to just simply being deviant.

While I agree goverment helps create alot of bad this just simply isnt one. Can the judicial system crack down harder? Yes they can. Should they? Yes Will they? probably not

Comment

Nobody has said that the gov't created the criminals. They've helped the criminals in this case by giving them victims who will fall for it because they think the gov't should be giving them money for nothing.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If people are stupid enough to fall for stuff like that, too bad for them. Me on the other hand, I'm in the process of adding a $1,500 tax credit to my 2009 taxes by putting in new Energy Star compliant windows. My sister has finally decided to become a home owner because of the $8,000 she'll get back.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Nobody has said that the gov't created the criminals. They've helped the criminals in this case by giving them victims who will fall for it because they think the gov't should be giving them money for nothing.
                  I dont totally buy your arguement. I agree with your points but I feel theres more to it. Its not simply "people getting money for nothing" those people have existed since the humanity began. So in that aspect I dont completley buy your assesment of goverment creating the problem.

Comment

While those of us that saved and scrimped to buy a house in the last 20 years get nothing.

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        While those of us that saved and scrimped to buy a house in the last 20 years get nothing.
                        The government rewards bad behavior. Government's solutions to the financial crisis will only re-enforce that.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Kinda like the churchs create problems by giving religious conmen victims who believe they are giving their money for a slice of heaven.

This silly argument could go on and on. Sub be honest you can equate anything bad that happens with govt. , its simply your frame of mind. Someone else can make the same silly arguments against other things, like religion. 8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                            I can definintely understand your frustration doctor.

Although not even close to the same I was pretty upset when I didnt get the first round of stimulus checks back in 01 or was it 02. Apparently I didnt meet the requirements. I think I was over not under.
                            Again not quite the same but still a struggle none the less.

If it makes you feel any better I wont be taking part in the first time home owners credit because they can offer me %100 percent or what I spend back. I simply cant afford to move my family of 4 intlo a house of our own now.

Comment

Milton Friedman serves match point... Game, Set & Match!

Yes, I'm a greedy bastard! :good: :good:

https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/23-things-they-don-t-tell-you-about-capitalismhttps://71republic.com/2018/10/21/difference-austrian-chicago-economics/https:...
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X