If you avoid bad news, do not click here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you avoid bad news, do not click here

I used to have a blog where I posted information relevant to local darters.

I've changed it to a blog where I chronicle my day-to-day battle with cancer. In 30 days I went from nothing to a Stage 4 diagnosis. Hey, I gave you the bad news warning in the title.

I'm chronicling my treatment, thoughts, attitudes, and experiences in my blog.

If you're ready for some bad news - or maybe some insight to what you may experience with friends and family members, the blog is at http://www.merlinrants.blogspot.com
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Know you are not alone, I think I speak for everyone in saying, that we will all be thinking and praying for your recovery.

Cancer Cures Smoking

I'm not your Mom. I'm not your Dad. I wouldn't have paid any attention to this advice if you had given it to me a year ago.

Quit smoking! Do it now! What I've got may take me down. Maybe it can save a life or two and maybe it can avoid some misery for some of my friends if they can learn from what happened to me and do what they can to avoid it in their own lives.

Aargh
    Merlin good luck- a man who cares about others amidst his own crisis is truely a great spirit!

8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
      Know you are not alone, I think I speak for everyone in saying, that we will all be thinking and praying for your recovery.
      Well said '11... Get well Aargh!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Win.

Comment

My prayers are with you, Aargh. I have a family member and a co-worker dealing with various forms of it.

Comment

Nobody knows what is going on inside your head but you, I pray for you to have the strengh to deal with the war you are fighting.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Aargh. Hope everything goes well with your surgery, so you can keep talking Shockers with us on SN.

Comment

My prayers are with you. Fight and Win

Comment

God Bless.....don't ever, ever give up.
                  Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11

Cancer Cures Smoking

I'm not your Mom. I'm not your Dad. I wouldn't have paid any attention to this advice if you had given it to me a year ago.

Quit smoking! Do it now! What I've got may take me down. Maybe it can save a life or two and maybe it can avoid some misery for some of my friends if they can learn from what happened to me and do what they can to avoid it in their own lives.

Aargh
                    Merlin good luck- a man who cares about others amidst his own crisis is truely a great spirit!

8)
                    Perfectly said. Keep up the good fight Aargh! You need anything at all don't be afraid to ask shocker nation. We are here for you!

Comment

Get better my friend. Shocker Nation is praying for you. God Bless!
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My prayers are with you.
                        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Very nice blog Aargh - keep writing.

I quit smoking cold turkey a few years ago; while difficult it is not impossible. Watching my Grandmother quickly and noticeably deteriorate in the latter part of her life struggling with emphysema while still managing to smoke, from what I was told, at least three cartons of cigarettes per week (right next to the oxygen tank) provided me ample motivation.

I have several friends, young and old, who have been diagnosed with cancer – differing in degree and severity. But irrespective of their condition, or what they are told by doctors of their future prospects, I have always been impressed with the zeal in which they embrace life going forward. Based upon my own experiences, a cancer diagnosis does not signal the end of one’s life and I get the impression that you don’t need me to tell you this simple truth.

All my prayers and that of my family, warmest regards,

Maggie

Comment

I watched my grandfather die from smoking......someday, I will watch my wife and I dread that day and only hope our daughter will be old enough to cope.

My prayers will be with you my friend. Keep fighting and know there is a nation behind you in your fight.

Go Aargh. :good:

Comment

My brother is currently in the hospital with prostrate and bone cancer down in TX and my mom passed away from cancer back in the 90's. I know what you are going through - you have my prayers and keep fighting!

Ix

Comment

Working...
                              X