DC Voting Rights Bill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Voting Rights Bill...

It's starting to look more and more like DC will get a full representative in the House. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this but I know which way I'm leaning. I admit I need to do a little more reading into what exactly this will mean and where it may lead.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

There is no mystery here:

This is, and always has been, merely a political ploy by the Democratic Party to secure additional, and probably permanent, votes in the House of Representatives. What is so exasperating to me is the simple and obvious fact that this bill is clearly unconstitutional.

If they are so intent on making this happen then they should do it the right way, the way our found fathers intended --pass a constitutional amendment and send it to the States for ratification.

Comment

More evidence that the Constitution is becoming less and less relevant in DC. Its defenders are dwindling.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        More evidence that the Constitution is becoming less and less relevant in DC. Its defenders are dwindling.
        I think you are partially right: I believe it is only relevant in DC, when it conveniently permits what ever action is proposed at the time. Then it suddenly becomes very relevant.

Comment

I'm sure we'll see this end up in the Supreme Court before it is all said and done with.

They're the only ones in Washington that make the constitution matter every time. (At least they base their decisions off of it)

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            I'm sure we'll see this end up in the Supreme Court before it is all said and done with.

They're the only ones in Washington that make the constitution matter sometimes. (At least they're supposed to base their decisions off of it)
            FIXED
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My impression of the SCOTUS is that they have become so political that they're rulings seem to follow party lines with the "moderates" tipping the scales.

Yes, I'm a cynic when it comes to those who have sworn to uphold the Constitution actually doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

They're the only ones in Washington that make the constitution matter every time. (At least they base their decisions off of it)
                I would hope the Supreme Court would accept a constitutional challenge to this bill; however, should this measure pass it remains to be seen exactly how the issue can legally be brought before the Court.

Comment

So much for not politicizing the DOJ’s legal positions…thank you Mr. Attorney General.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                    So much for not politicizing the DOJ’s legal positions…thank you Mr. Attorney General.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...104426_pf.html
                    :banghead:
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                    X