Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this what we can expect from future generations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this what we can expect from future generations?

"But teacher, I tried really, really hard. Doesn't that deserve an 'A'?"

Sadly, I'm guessing this really doesn't surprise many of us. Just look at what our gov't has been doing or has wanted to do for the past 15 years or so and where we're headed.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I read this article the other day. It is sad but true.

Comment

somebody had to teach them that. If we are going to blame someone might as well lump them in as well. And the generation before that and that and that and so on.

I do not understand some peoples sense of entitlement though. Nobody is entitled anything.

Comment

I blame the parents first.

And liberal educators second.

Comment

I`ve always had an issue with being taught by graduate teaching assistants & having to pay full tuition costs for those courses. But that`s for another day and time.

I did have a handful of courses at WSU that were graded pass or fail. You have to wonder if it would be just as easy to go to that type of system instead of fighting over A B C D F. Their`s even professors who fight over + and - on grading. :roll:

Comment

Why not just use a single percentile? No letters, no +'s or -'s.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                Why not just use a single percentile? No letters, no +'s or -'s.
                When I attended Boston U. they sort of worked off a percentile system. The school’s admin. dictated that they were going to fight “grade inflation” that has inflected nearly all American universities, including the Ivy Leagues. With that said the top 10% of the class received A’s, 50% B, 25% C, and 15% D/F. As a result it was pretty tough to come away with an A. I thought it was a pretty solid system.

Comment

Not bad...
                  no one should get an F for doing all the assignments and attending lectures though.

Comment

Working...
                  X