Hardly the Best and Brightest By Victor Davis Hanson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardly the Best and Brightest By Victor Davis Hanson

I think this is a good article. It is worth reading.

Re: Hardly the Best and Brightest By Victor Davis Hanson

Originally posted by Maggie

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...FmZjU5ZjA2ZDg=
    national review and worth reading? :D 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Re: Hardly the Best and Brightest By Victor Davis Hanson

Originally posted by kcshocker11
      Originally posted by Maggie

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...FmZjU5ZjA2ZDg=
      national review and worth reading? :D 8)
      Read it and find out.

Comment

If we reviewed every Senator and House members taxes, I'd bet we would find plenty of skeletons on both sides of the aisle!
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
          If we reviewed every Senator and House members taxes, I'd bet we would find plenty of skeletons on both sides of the aisle!
          You dont see very many people caring about taxes(not that they shouldnt). Why, because few can look in the mirror and say well Ive never done anything thats not questionable. There are millions in this country who havent even filed in years or have never filed and thats not because they dont need to.

8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I think that is part of the point.

Comment

Good read and hardly a partisan article.
              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

You dont see very many people caring about taxes(not that they shouldnt).
                I guess if you don't pay them you don't care.

Why, because few can look in the mirror and say well Ive never done anything thats not questionable.
                If your just a regular middle class citizen this is hardly true. I can hardly hide my engineers salary. I can hardly get away from filing my tax return.

There are millions in this country who havent even filed in years or have never filed and thats not because they dont need to.
                And we have seen that quite a few of them reside on the democratic side. I guess it's easy to want to raise taxes when you don't pay taxes.

Oh, and I'm sure there are independents, republicans, libertarians, green's, whigs, etc who haven't paid their taxes. But can anybody remember some many nominees for an administration who had tax issues?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                  You dont see very many people caring about taxes(not that they shouldnt).
                  I guess if you don't pay them you don't care.

Why, because few can look in the mirror and say well Ive never done anything thats not questionable.
                  If your just a regular middle class citizen this is hardly true. I can hardly hide my engineers salary. I can hardly get away from filing my tax return.

There are millions in this country who havent even filed in years or have never filed and thats not because they dont need to.
                  And we have seen that quite a few of them reside on the democratic side. I guess it's easy to want to raise taxes when you don't pay taxes.

Oh, and I'm sure there are independents, republicans, libertarians, green's, whigs, etc who haven't paid their taxes. But can anybody remember some many nominees for an administration who had tax issues?
                  Oh ever recieve cash or materials and not declared it or perhaps won money gambling. Ever inflated mileage or how about charitable deductions. Ever had a side business and up the costs or had no intension of making a profit. How about own rentals, lets see were we can cheat there. The list goes on and on.

As far as those who dont file Id bet its porportionally about egual between Dems, Reps and Ind

As far as cabinet nominees withdrawing both Clinton and W had witdrawls for tax reasons. It is neither unusual for nominees to be withdrawn or rejected for financial or character issues. One ususually looks at what the nominee brings to the office in expertise and knowledge in that field. Hiring isnt a perfect science, you cant know everything about everyone. Mistakes are made! Obama has an unusual situation in that had to hit the ground running with the multiple mounting crisises.His cabinet has been picked rather quickly. By this date, I heard on CNN Clinton had only filled three cabinet posts. Heres an interesting read about cabinet nominees in the past.

8)

Comment

KC, the point is that you and everyone else said Obama would be different.

He ain't and it is showing.

Comment

Oh you dont think hes different than W? I see a great difference in policies.

Comment

Working...
                      X