Man sued for protecting his land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man sued for protecting his land?

An Arizona man is being sued by Mexican nationals because they illegally crossed the border on his land and he stopped them. The fact that we have lawyers that will protect and defend illegals because they've been stopped from breaking the law amazes me and doesn't say much for the legal profession.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

We should be thanking a guy like this. I hope he files a counter suit for his time and cost of doing the governments work.

Comment

Not sure who he would sue... Keep up on this story Sub, I want to know how it turns out.

Comment

Weren't there a couple of border agents sentenced to prison for stopping a Mexican illegal attempting to smuggle drugs into the US by shooting him in the butt?

I think Bush finally communted their sentences before leaving office.

Illegals seem have more rights than citizens and those who attempt to stop them are considered the enemy.

Constitution-free zone, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Weren't there a couple of border agents sentenced to prison for stopping a Mexican illegal attempting to smuggle drugs into the US by shooting him in the butt?

I think Bush finally communted their sentences before leaving office.

Illegals seem have more rights than citizens and those who attempt to stop them are considered the enemy.

The Border Patrol BS
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I can't seem to find an article anywhere but the man was found guilty on a few charges and ordered to pay something like $70k to the illegal aliens that sued him. Apparently they had around 9 lawyers, most from NY, that represented the illegals. Hopefully I can find something online with more details.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Read the last bit. They point out if they could have won on the 2 civil rights charges, the lawyers would have been able to collect between $500000-$1000000 in fees.

Two words...tort reform.

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.

I find it impossible to believe there wasn't one person on that jury that didn't say to the other 11 "there is no way I'm letting you idiots give these waste of spaces 1 peso for what they did."

Comment

Wow, that's crazy. One thing I've learned over the years is don't go to court assuming you're going to win. I'm betting he could have won this if his lawyers had been properly prepared, but it sounds like they probably took a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

We already have on of those - it's called Gitmo....

Maybe we should shut down Gitmo and the government can transfer the inmates to this guy's ranch, contract with Blackwater to patrol his section of the border and provide this guy with legal immunity...never mind, Arizona would feel too much like home to the Gitmo detainees.. 8)

Of course the real enemy is not the illegals, it's the attorneys who represent them, the companies who employ them and the citizens who do business with their employers to save a few bucks. Just one more aspect of living in a Global economy.

Raise the minimum wage, require all US citizens to carry a proof of citizenship card, throw employers in jail who hire illegals, stop banks from holding their money, and fine private citizens who do business with them.

And of course be willing to pay the real cost of living when all 12 million leave the US.

8)
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock

Maybe we should shut down Gitmo and the government can transfer the inmates to this guy's ranch, contract with Blackwater to patrol his section of the border and provide this guy with legal immunity...never mind, Arizona would feel too much like home to the Gitmo detainees.. 8)

Of course the real enemy is not the illegals, it's the attorneys who represent them, the companies who employ them and the citizens who do business with their employers to save a few bucks. Just one more aspect of living in a Global economy.

Raise the minimum wage, require all US citizens to carry a proof of citizenship card, throw employers in jail who hire illegals, stop banks from holding their money, and fine private citizens who do business with them.

And of course be willing to pay the real cost of living when all 12 million leave the US.

8)
                    Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

8)
                      Wow.
                      8)
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Arizona Rancher Will Fight Court Order To Pay Damages to Undocumented Immigrants
                        “We’ll be filing a motion for a rehearing,” said David T. Hardy, who is representing Roger Barnett. “He feels he got screwed. I have some sympathy for that view.”
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

8)
                          Wow.
                          He's right though.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Raising minimum wage will only entice more employers to hire illegals. Do we really want to turn around and jail them after raising their labor costs? I agree they need to be punished, but not with jail time.

A big NO THANKS to a national ID card. The government already has too much access to our information.

Comment

Raising minimum wages will cut profits of the farm owners so be prepared for a rise in produce costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X