The Mexico City Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mexico City Policy

I'm not posting this to inflame or gripe. I want to understand from those that know exactly what it is and I am curious if people agree or disagree, either on principle or party lines.

As I understand this, it has been envoked or cancelled based upon party line with each of the last 4 presidents after Ronny enacted it.

Again, as I understand it, it is meant to withhold US government funds from NGO's that support abortion practices in other countries. There is a stipulation for rape, incest or health of the mother.

Do people really want their tax dollars going to this outside of our country? Am I missing something here? I am looking for enlightenment.

Thank you.

Unfortunately too many tax dollars are leaving the country. I loved it when Ireland asked why we were sending them money even when they ask us to stop
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Are you saying that we shouldn't be doing this and that you would have preferred that President Obama would not have issued an executive order already?

Comment

Democrat president = More money to fund abortions.

Sending them rubbers for their jalapeno`s.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Are you saying that we shouldn't be doing this and that you would have preferred that President Obama would not have issued an executive order already?
          No, dont know the specifics, just believe that we needed to review foreign projects. Just wondering also what we could have done with all the money we wasted in Iraq. 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

According to Gallup 58% of Americans disagree with the Obama decision to start funding this again.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I just think of it as an extension of our illegal immigration policy.

Comment

Working...
              X