FBI saw mortgage fraud early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI saw mortgage fraud early

Nevertheless, high FBI and Bush administration officials knew a potentially devastating problem was on the horizon and failed to stop it.

"It was a sleight of hand because the public thought the administration was resourcing counterterrorism when in fact they were forcing cannibalization of the criminal program," the retired FBI official said. "Now the chickens have come home to roost."

Nice! 8)

The FBI is now making one of its largest hiring pushes ever. The bureau is seeking 850 new agents this year, some to fill vacancies that had been allowed to languish for years even as the administration blocked efforts to reinforce the FBI's crime squads.

Still, a P-I analysis of information provided by the FBI shows that 850 new agents doesn't come close to restoring the bureau's crime squads. It would take more than double the number of agents and at least $400 million of new funding to bring the bureau's corps of crime-fighters back to pre- 9/11 levels.
    Lets hope Obama get FBI back to pre 9/11 levels 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Working...
X