• Show
Clear All

• Is It Finally Here?!?!

The Flying Car
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Or there's this. :lol:
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Flying Car Makes Maiden Flight!!!
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Flying Car Cleared for Landing in US
        A flying car retailing for $227,000 could be on roads in a matter of months -- and customers are already lining up to be the first to get their hands on one, its maker claims.

Just over a week ago, the Terrafugia Transition passed a significant milestone when it was cleared for takeoff by the U.S. National Highway Safety Administration. It's taken Terrafugia founder Carl Dietrich just five years to realize his dream, with some media outlets reporting that the Transition could now be on U.S. roads by the end of next year.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It will never work. You need a runway to takeoff and land, thus offsetting any of the advantages of the flying car. I do give them credit for trying, but until a flying car is invented with VTOL, they are simply creating a plane that is street legal. Sure, you can buy one of those things, but it's like being the first guy in your neighborhood to own a Betamax.

I'm holding out for the VTOL flying car that can do 140 knots.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It's a step in the right direction.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

http://www.roadableaircraftinc.com/vtol_flyer.htm[/url]

Getting closer.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It's not so much a flying car as it is a drivable plane - a personal aircraft that can be driven to and from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  It's not so much a flying car as it is a drivable plane - a personal aircraft that can be driven to and from the airport.
                  But what is the point? You will have a very limited payload and be underpowered on the ground. You might as well drive your Oldsmobile to the airport, hop into your Cessna and take off in comfort.

I want to be able to skip the freeway and fly to church, work and school!

Comment

The 'Flying Car' Gets Some Competition
                    The Terrafugia Transition hasn’t even entered production yet, but the first ‘flying car’ of the 21st Century may already be facing some competition – and it’s a hybrid.

As his last project before giving up the reigns at the engineering firm he founded, Scaled Coposities, earlier this year, aviation pioneer Burt Rutan took on the challenge of building a so-called “roadable aircraft.” But unlike the Transition, which uses a somewhat traditional aircraft layout with folding wings, Rutan has designed a Chevy Volt for the sky.

The BiPod was conceived to be powered by two small internal combustion engines turning generators that send electricity to four electric motor-driven propellers located on the wings and rear stabilizer, as well as the rear wheels. Small batteries in the front of the fuselage can be used to help power the plane during takeoff, or in the event of an engine malfunction, and are intended to drive the BiPod up to 35 miles on the road in pure electric mode.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Original flying Carr! 8) :posterwu:
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hahahaha
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Samson Switchblade Flying Car is Finally Ready for Takeoff

A street-legal three-wheeled car that turns at the push of a button into a 200 mph plane is ready for final testing.

Having received its airworthiness certificate from the FAA, the Samson Switchblade is ready for test flights after 14 years of development.

Flying cars are almost here, with one being granted airworthiness from the Slovakian authorities, the aptly-named “AirCar,” in January of this year and which is now set for production.

The Switchblade, which takes its name from the way the wings hide under the main chassis, would technically be registered as a motorcycle due to the three wheels. It has a 1.6 liter, three cylinder engine that takes 91-octane gasoline to create 190 horsepower which powers an electric motor that pushes the wheels on land, and propeller in the air.

This can create almost 200 miles per hour of cruising speed, with a 450-mile range on a full tank. You will need around 1,100 feet of runway to take off, and another 700 to land, but once the wings and tail fold up, the thing is little bigger than a family sedan.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Now that's cool! Wings are darn close to the ground, though. Ground effect must be a *****.

Comment

Cool maybe, but how long before the average person will have access to one?

We've had these around for a long time (over a half century), but how many people have one, ridden in one, or even seen one? Very few.

CAR magazine's Top 10 cars that are also boats. Some of these amphibious cars work better than others...

Comment

Working...
                              X