Bio board accussed of pro-KU bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio board accussed of pro-KU bias

According to an article in the Eagle this am people are wondering why the board has been "dragging its feet" and has not awarded a 31 million dollar grant. "The delays over the past few months have cost Wichita hundreds of potential jobs and cost the sate millions in potential tax revenue--and that now it may be too late. WSU, with the University of Kansas made a joint request for a KBA grant in July. Since then, the two universities have engaged in protracted and sometimes painful negotiations about who would lead a new innovation center." Wichita says it is better at conducting the actual testing and ku says its medical people are better at the actual design work, but Wichita counters and says it has local medical personnel to do that work as well. Now the money may go to help pay off the state deficit and nothing will happen. A couple of months ago I made the statement that if Wichita would pass a quarter cent sales tax to benefit WSU athletics and academics this discussion would be one of several that would not even need to take place. I said at that time that a project like this could have been funded "in house" and would not have needed to screw around with state agencies much less involve ku and the ne ego.
    I really believe that even in this economic envionment that this is a strategy that needs to be explored.

It is an interesting article. Does anyone have any "insider" information? I don't.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Silos...
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
      X