Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock
    Chiefs fired their VP for Player Personnel and 8 college scouts including the director of college scouting.

I guess Pioli and Haley were pissed when they found out they had drafted a WR in the 6th round who was a small, one-dimensional guy with a leg injury.
    not a surprise, this was pretty much a given, when new Gm are hired, they usually wait until after the draft to make a change in their scouting department, due to the time they have when they are hired and the draft. Kuhriach is a pretty good VP, but im sure pioli would like his own guy.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• He is dead on!

Comment

• Anyone have ESPN insider? Their teaser makes it sound like KC is talking to Jason Taylor and Edgerrin James?

Comment

• I thought I heard Taylor was close to signing with Miami?

I don't really see how Taylor or Edge bring much. Both are well past their prime. But considering all the other FA moves we've made we'll probably end up with both. We may go from the youngest to oldest team in one season...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane
            Anyone have ESPN insider? Their teaser makes it sound like KC is talking to Jason Taylor and Edgerrin James?
            I could see us end up with Taylor, no way on Edge, he pretty much the same player as LJ.

Comment

• Yeah that's what I was thinking-Taylor could be a stop gap to hopefully provide some pass rush until the young guys develop. I don't see Edge being worthwhile at all while LJ is still around?

Comment

• Chiefs signed FA center Eric Ghiaciuc today.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                  Chiefs signed FA center Eric Ghiaciuc today.
                  This is a decent signing for us. He was a 4-year starting center for the Bengals.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                    Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Chiefs signed FA center Eric Ghiaciuc today.
                    This is a decent signing for us. He was a 4-year starting center for the Bengals.
                    Yea i agree, good competition for him and rudy to fight out the starting spot at center

Comment

• Chiefs Hire in the Player Personal Dept.

We Got A Succop

Hopefully we can stop this kicker merry-go-round with Succop and Barth.

Succop’s draft number becomes a lot less laughable once you consider that only one other kicker was picked — David Buehler from Southern California by the Cowboys in the fifth round. Succop joins incumbent Connor Barth in trying to stop a Chiefs’ merry-go-round of 10 field goal kickers over the last 15 years. They’ve had five kickers in just the last two years.

This is an unwelcome turn of events for a franchise that from 1967 through 1993 could depend on Jan Stenerud, the only pure kicker in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, or Nick Lowery.

Stenerud was picked for two AFL All-Star games, and he and Lowery while in Kansas City each made three Pro Bowls. The Chiefs haven’t had a Pro Bowl kicker since, and only Pete Stoyanovich, from 1996-2000, and Lawrence Tynes, from 2004-2006, have stayed here beyond two seasons.

Comment

• ESPN Insider is also reporting that the Chiefs are interested in Boldin as well. The Chiefs really need a receiver like this (minus the attitude). I can't seeing this team making any kind of improvement on the field if they can't extend the field. I don't see the Chiefs running the ball down people's throats next year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RUShock75
                          ESPN Insider is also reporting that the Chiefs are interested in Boldin as well. The Chiefs really need a receiver like this (minus the attitude). I can't seeing this team making any kind of improvement on the field if they can't extend the field. I don't see the Chiefs running the ball down people's throats next year!!!
                          We have made some strides of improvement but this is going to take more than one year to get back on track and become a playoff contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by RUShock75
                            ESPN Insider is also reporting that the Chiefs are interested in Boldin as well. The Chiefs really need a receiver like this (minus the attitude). I can't seeing this team making any kind of improvement on the field if they can't extend the field. I don't see the Chiefs running the ball down people's throats next year!!!
                            I highly doubt that Boldin will ever play for Haley. You might recall....

In the 4th quarter of the NFC championship game Boldin appears unhappy and lets the O Coordinator Todd Haley know about it.

Comment

• SB I don't know much about the relationships that Haley had with his players except what has been reported about this situation but I know that often there is more to a story than what is in a paper or on one film clip on youtube. I remember a pretty good coach named Al McGuire who went after a player now and again and the player flared back at him and it didn't poison there relationship. They went on like nothing ever happened. Maybe there is more to this story that you don't know about and again maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster
                                SB I don't know much about the relationships that Haley had with his players except what has been reported about this situation but I know that often there is more to a story than what is in a paper or on one film clip on youtube. I remember a pretty good coach named Al McGuire who went after a player now and again and the player flared back at him and it didn't poison there relationship. They went on like nothing ever happened. Maybe there is more to this story that you don't know about and again maybe not.
                                I'm sure there is.

But the story on Boldin is his interest come before the teams and even after a win he would refuse to celebrate with his teammates because he was angry about losing playing time. From what I read the conventional wisdom is that he doesn't fit the type of player Pioli is after, add in the attitude, cost and that he's had a public dispute with the now head coach.

Just this week Boldin was sent to have MRI because he was complaining about his hamstring. He was supposebly using this as a ruse to stay out of minicamp. The Head coach said this:

Originally posted by Ken Whisenhunt
                                Hey, we know what's going on," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "I'm really not going to have much to say about that."
                                I will stand by my assessment that Boldin will not be a chief.

Comment

Working...
                                X